Talk

Advanced search

Christmas weight loss thread

(559 Posts)
AIMGA Tue 15-Aug-17 22:07:30

With 15 weeks untill the beginning of December I'm aiming to lose 1 pound a week. First weigh in tomorrow - anyone want to join me?

notevenamum1 Tue 15-Aug-17 22:18:38

Me me but only weighing in monthly...sorry, am I no good?

Amazing to think that we could lose a stone by Xmas!

AIMGA Tue 15-Aug-17 22:37:16

No, that's great! Why once a month out of curiosity?

I'm looking forward to fitting in my clothes for Christmas fgrin

Swearwolf Tue 15-Aug-17 22:38:28

I'll join you! I only want to weigh monthly too, I fluctuate too much weekly. One big push to fit in a Christmas party dress!

AIMGA Tue 15-Aug-17 22:45:19

Welcome, welcome swear !

Im hoping that portion control, cutting out snacks and no dessert should do it [fingers crossed]. I eat pretty low carb anyway...

notevenamum1 Tue 15-Aug-17 23:09:53

@swearwolf I am like you and fluctuate too much weekly. If I've been good and then weigh myself and see no results I end up giving in!!

I am low carb, I take my breakfast and lunch to work so go through lots of Tupperware! I find it easy to be good during the week and then ruin it all at the weekends

TimbuktuTimbuktu Tue 15-Aug-17 23:22:24

I'll join in. I've started doing 30 day shred today. I'd like to lose 2 stone by Christmas (ambitious!)

My first weigh in was Sunday, 13st.

ClaireFrasersHair Wed 16-Aug-17 00:04:40

I'd love to join in too please? Summer has been unkind to my waistline (or would that be cake and wine?!) ;-) and I could really do with the focus.

AIMGA Wed 16-Aug-17 07:18:43

Hello Timbuktu & Claire . Weighed this morning - 9st 5.5lbs. Aim is 8st 7lbs by 1.12...very doable but I'm a master of excuses!!
I'm writing this whilst on the cross trainer (first exercise in about 4 years ha!)

ClaireFrasersHair Wed 16-Aug-17 09:09:43

Good morning. Right, I've weighed in and I'm 10 stone exactly. Would love to lose 10lbs. Off to gym shortly, but it's snacking that's really my problem.

wantawaistagain Wed 16-Aug-17 10:03:49

I want to join. I'm 10st 4lb and I'd like to be 9st 7lb. I'm going to get back to doing 10,000 steps a day and not eating after 6pm.

AIMGA Wed 16-Aug-17 11:41:13

Hello wantawaist - I like the username!

Snacking is one of my problems too Claire. I like the idea of not eating after 6pm... will give that a go!

wantawaistagain Wed 16-Aug-17 13:43:29

I carry all my weight around the middle. I'm short with 36" hips and bust but at the moment I have a 33" waist so I feel really dumpy. I own a good few exercise DVDs and I plan to sign up for pilates in September because I need some tummy toning to go with the weight loss.

glenthebattleostrich Wed 16-Aug-17 13:47:34

Hello, can I join you.

I want to lose 3 stone in total by April and am aiming to be halfway there by Christmas.

I'm aiming for low carb / intermittent fasting and exercise 5 times per week. Although most of this will have to wait until after my family visit next week.

I'm also planning to do a dry September, November and January (alternate months).

AIMGA Wed 16-Aug-17 17:10:58

Welcome glen smile

I'm already struggling! I am a big time boredom grazer/snacker and being a sahm means I have constant access to the fridge. I'm breastfeeding at the moment so unsure about fasting...although if I stop eating at 6pm and don't eat breakfast till 9am that should be fine [guessing]

everyonesgotanopinion Wed 16-Aug-17 22:38:11

Hi 👋
I'd like to join you all too. 10 st 3lbs currently and a stone would be perfect. Currently trying to eat healthily and last meal before 6pm, it's working slowly, lost nearly 2 stone already. Be nice to check in here for support.

wfrances Wed 16-Aug-17 22:50:35

can i join you too, hope to lose at least a stone ,will weigh in the morning.

Nottalotta Wed 16-Aug-17 22:53:00

Oh god. I want to join but your starting weights are lower than my goal weight!!

Nottalotta Wed 16-Aug-17 22:55:02

Glen I want to lose 3 stone too. I would be thrilled with that!!

I think i must have put half a stone in in the last few weeks as I eat crap because I'll be on a diet soon.....

3wayburger Wed 16-Aug-17 23:07:41

Room for me?
Would love to join.
I'm aiming for 3 stone by spring next year so this would be a perfect start.

Nottalotta Thu 17-Aug-17 07:03:44

OK so it's taken quite a lot for me to post this. 13st 3 this morning.

I'll revise my target to 2 and a half stone.

TimbuktuTimbuktu Thu 17-Aug-17 08:53:18

12.10 today so 4lb off since Monday! I do love the first few days of low carb.

We are having a charity cake sale at work today though so there is a good chance I will put it all back on again by tea time!

I have done the first three days of 30 day shred and---- it seems to be very effective for such a short workout. Every part of my body hurts

How is everyone today?

TimbuktuTimbuktu Thu 17-Aug-17 08:54:09

Hmm. Crossing out failure there! You know what I mean!

Nottalotta Thu 17-Aug-17 08:57:26

Well done timbuktu!

I've done 30 day shred before, it's really good. And short! I stopped hurting by day 4/5.

Big birthday for me tomorrow, but not celebrating really for various reasons, though might have cake.

AIMGA Thu 17-Aug-17 09:16:21

Hello Notta ...I was 13st 6 years ago so it is nothing to be worried about. You can do it smile.

Well-done Timbuktu I know the feeling, I have our local fete today where there will be soooooo much delicious food. My aim is to avoid sugar, but I will probably have some carb at lunch.

Hello to everyonesgotanopinion , wfrances & 3wayburger - the more the merrier!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: