Talk

Advanced search

WW or SW?

(6 Posts)
GreenerGrass1 Thu 03-Aug-17 17:38:58

I'm about 6 stone overweight.

Tried SW and whilst it was successful (lost 3 stone but put it back on) it doesn't teach you about portion sizes and I love my grub but I eat far too much.

Never tried WW but I heard you don't lose the weight as fast but you can't eat as much on it which is maybe the discipline I need.

Any thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
FabulouslyGlamorousFerret Thu 03-Aug-17 17:44:37

Neither, just eat breakfast lunch and dinner (whatever you fancy) and no snacking, I've lost a lot of weight doing this after 35years if alternating sw/ww, because I eat what I like for my meals I don't actually feel the need to snack anymore.

GreenerGrass1 Thu 03-Aug-17 18:50:06

Don't you even snack on fruit?

What do you eat for your meals? Do you calorie count. I think I would starve without my snacks.

OP’s posts: |
FabulouslyGlamorousFerret Thu 03-Aug-17 19:27:56

No, I used to eat constantly and as a consequence wouldn't eat proper meals so I made a conscious decision to eat three times a day at the same time each day - usually works out about 1650-2000 calories a day, I've had weetabix and banana for breakfast, a cheese salad roll and packet of crisps for lunch and a roast pork (with crackling) 'Sunday lunch' for dinner. I've lost 3.5stone in 5mths and don't feel any 'what can I have for tea that fits in with the 'plan' anxiety that I used to have with sw/ww. Honestly, try it, I set myself the goal of 4-5 pounds a month which wouldn't have been 'enough' for me if I was at sw - but over 2yrs, it would be nearly 7stone which is what I need to lose 👍🏻

PhDPepper Thu 03-Aug-17 19:37:39

I've lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks on weight watchers. I've also been doing a lot of exercise- I have 8 stone to lose. I found slimming world was just too free? I need help with portion control and weight watchers does that for me. I also like carbs 😃 haha! But on slimming world they say that you can eat as much pasta as you want and lose weight.. but it doesn't work if all you eat is pasta

It works for a lot of people but personally I prefer weight watchers. Especially with the weekly points you get this time around. I like hat if I fancy it I can have a drink with friends at the weekend and it wont kill my weight loss

MrsMotherHen Thu 03-Aug-17 19:44:09

weight watchers all the way i love it! can eat what ever i like and still lose weight

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in