Talk

Advanced search

Been precribed Acomplia, anyone else tried it?

(6 Posts)
jenk1 Mon 26-Mar-07 14:41:29

WEnt to see my GP this morning, told her i was very depressed over my weight and that i needed some help.
So she has prescribed me Acomplia, it works by suppressing your appetite, but she said i have to follow a healthy eating plan and excercise and she will see me again in a month and if ive lost weight i can have more.
So im feeling positive, im starting on it tomorrow cos it says take before breakfast.
Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

mrsjohnsim Fri 30-Mar-07 23:58:01

i haven't, jenk1, but went to drs today and talked to her about losing weight. My mohter has diabetes, high blood pressure and has recently been booked for cardiac bypass surgery.
As i am probably about 4.5-5 stone overwiehgt, i need to sort this out. She sent me for some blood tests and said that i may be prescribed some weightloss drug.
What is your BMI? it seems that whether or not i get the drug depends on my BMI.

and how is it going for you?

jenk1 Sat 31-Mar-07 22:03:36

my bmi is 32.
i started on tuesday and i have not got much of an appetite at all

i said to dh yesterday i dont think these tablets are working as i dont feel any slimmer and he said its 3pm and you havent eaten anything, i hadnt even realised

so its really nice to not feel hungry, im hoping i should start to feel a difference in a few days.

mrsjohnsim Sun 01-Apr-07 20:53:58

hmm, my BMI is 33 (yikes!!)
but maybe my local health authority have a different level of intervention, but i am quite excited about the thought that i may get some help.
I went to WW years ago and lost 5 stone, pre kids and was the fittest and happiest i have ever been.
After 2 kids i am not in the smae place that i was previously, about a stone lighter than my heaviest ever. But i am alot more wobbly

so, let me know how you are doing...i am interested and keeping this bumped may mean somebody else will chip in- there must be somebody else on MN who is on Acomplia.

and good luck

jenk1 Wed 04-Apr-07 19:27:36

well i havent noticed any weight loss but then its only been a week, i do have a significantly reduced appetite though which is sure to kick start my weight loss soon.
will keep you updated!!

collyevens Tue 04-Mar-14 08:04:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now