Talk

Advanced search

Exercise v food intake plus random suggestions welcome

(9 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Wed 19-Jul-17 13:27:54

I keep using the fact I've had a lot on and I can't find the time to sort myself as as the excuse I'm still fat. While it is true it's not getting me anywhere.

Basics - come from family of fat women.
- I'm heading for menopause.
- weight gain of two stone through medication. Oblivious at the time.
currently thirteen stone eight pounds. Five foot six tall. Three stone overweight I think.

I walk the dog for over an hour once a day but I'm starting today with two walks now she's older.

I love healthy food though don't eat anywhere near enough fruit. Love vegetables but also use chocolate when sad and have food issues from childhood.

I feel overwhelmed but also know I need to do something. I hate how I look which makes me hate myself.

I've tried diet chef, five two, carb free for one week in four and a couple of other plans. Generally lose a stone then get stuck.

OP’s posts: |
ppeatfruit Wed 19-Jul-17 13:33:34

Check out Paul Mackenna (I Can Make You Thin) it's very useful for emotional issues and to change our attitude to food. I lost 3 stone with it. I have maintained for 4 years. It's brilliant!

Goingtobeawesome Wed 19-Jul-17 18:23:33

Ooh good idea. I'd forgotten I had his book and cd. It didn't do anything last time but I'll definitely give it another go. Thank you.

ppeatfruit Thu 20-Jul-17 10:35:15

Good luck! grin I found that the "Eat\chew slowly, sitting down at a table, really tasting and enjoying the food" Advice got me going!

Goingtobeawesome Thu 20-Jul-17 12:02:26

I haven't had a minute today but tomorrow morning I'll be digging out the cd, reading the book, making notes, meal planning etc. Today isn't going to plan as I'm in and out all day. Pesky kids with their appointments, dates, etc etc. And it's chucking it down and everywhere is flooded.

ppeatfruit Thu 20-Jul-17 17:28:55

Oh blimey! If you're flooded better wait till you can concentrate!!

Goingtobeawesome Thu 20-Jul-17 18:58:02

Thankfully it isn't flooded at my house but I had a terrifying journey home. The bottom of the hill was flooded and someone drove too fast past me and a huge sheet of water hit my car and made a noise like it was made of metal. Couldn't see a thing and was pretty shocked.

I can't deny any longer I have food issues. Just don't know what to do about it.

ppeatfruit Thu 20-Jul-17 20:21:46

The answer lies in Paul Mackenna!! Oh yes awful, I remember driving through a flooded road and some lunatic overtaking . It's horrible, I judged him loudly!

The brilliant thing about PM is that if you go out or don't do it for a couple of days (or weeks) blush You can go straight back on it. And it starts to work , it's how we should all eat ,how children eat!

I'm off line for a week soon but if you need support just pm me!

Goingtobeawesome Fri 21-Jul-17 07:16:10

Thank you very much. I have to do something.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in