Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

That last 7lb that I never lose.....

(8 Posts)
fluffydogs Sun 09-Jul-17 08:08:41

Why can I never get to lose that last half a stone I really want too??
I'm at a loss really as to what to do. I only move up a stone or so and have managed to get to where I am now but keep getting there and giving up and gaining and losing the same half a stone. I'm so annoyed with myself. I just seem to give up!
So I'm not massive or anything, a size 12. I'm 5'7 and 10st 10. I look soooo much better at 10 2.
Any tips on what to do?
I work out already, I spin 2-3 times a week and also weights twice a week, and the usual half an hour dog walk. I only work a day or two a week so I pick at home if I get bored! I also have early menopause so find losing weight incredibly hard which is why I just get fed up and give up!! Help!!!!!
Btw I don't like SW and lost the first 7lb at WW. I'm a carb monster too. How do I get my will power and motivation back? I've got 6 weeks until bikini deadline!! Sorry for rambling.... anyone with any advice??

HoneyDragon Sun 09-Jul-17 08:11:49

I don't know. That's the one that gets me.sad. I have a stone to lose again due to inactivity and already feel giving up knowing the first half will be easy and the second will still be there at Xmas!

fluffydogs Sun 09-Jul-17 08:15:51

It's so frustrating isn't it?! I get so annoyed with myself but can't seem to stop eating either!! confused

HoneyDragon Sun 09-Jul-17 08:54:58

I hit a plateau and less calories and more movement just doesn't work angry

I think when I hit that next point I might book a couple of sessions with a personal trainer and get some advice on shifting the last but and keeping it off.

Movablefeast Sun 09-Jul-17 23:50:18

Weight training.

buggerthebotox Mon 10-Jul-17 08:34:49

Welcome to the club! It's a pita isn't it?

I second weight training. It's great for helping to change the shape of your body and toning up. I feel much stronger and fitter since starting even though I've got a bit to lose (probably around a stone if I'm honest).

QuimReaper Mon 10-Jul-17 13:55:42

OP has said she already weight trains!

When people first start the 5:2 diet they tend to see an initial crash in weight before their body "gets used to" it. Could be worth a try if you've never tried it, even just for a few weeks? Might help you find coping mechanisms to avoid the picking on non-fast days, too: picking is just a bad habit, and if you manage to get through fast days without snacks you might find you can break it.

Krapom Mon 10-Jul-17 13:57:39

It's the carbs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now