Talk

Advanced search

Body Coach?

(8 Posts)
theluckiest Sat 08-Jul-17 19:53:37

Has anyone followed Joe Wicks's 90 day plan? I'm thinking about giving it a go but £150 is a lot to shell out if it turns out to be bolleaux!!

I've got one of his books, follow him on FB and have just started doing HIIT programs as often as I can. I'm actually more or less following the food programme (with added wine sad) & just think I need a kick up the arse! I really like the recipes and am enjoying the works outs. But does it work?

I know I need to change my lifestyle so am looking for something that sticks, not something I do for a bit, give up & get lardy again.

I really like the idea of not counting calories as such. Let's face it, I've done every bloody thing and don't stick to it. I'm more likely to do something if I've bloody paid for it!!

Any experience of this?

OP’s posts: |
HarrassedMumof3 Sat 08-Jul-17 23:53:45

I'm doing it now. I loved the first cycle and did really well but I'm struggling now. The workouts have gone from 20 mins to 1.5 hours and the veggie food is mainly quorn, which I hate.

BaDumShh Sat 08-Jul-17 23:56:18

I've done it. I really liked it and it worked for me, loads of food and all of it really tasty. I lost a stone and 14 inches eating 2000 calories a day, I have loads more muscle and my metabolism is fired up again for the first time in years. The workouts are hard and long after cycle 1 but I really recommend the plan.

theluckiest Sun 09-Jul-17 11:59:38

That's really helpful, thankyou. Why do the workouts get so long? That's a big jump from 20 mins!!

Is that 1.5 hours x 4 per week? I think I'd struggle to fit that in! Part of the appeal of this programme is the short workouts but if that's not actually the case, I'll have to have a think about how I'd do it...

OP’s posts: |
BaDumShh Sun 09-Jul-17 12:38:34

Yes, it's roughly 1-1.5 hours 4 times a week after cycle 1, as 2 and 3 incorporate weight training as well as HIIT. It's just a case of when you can fit it in, some people get up at 5am and do it before their kids get up, some do it at 10pm. It's hard, but it's doable!

Strongbeatsskinny Sun 09-Jul-17 17:20:31

A £150 is very cheap and is for some a great way of losing weight there's a lady on instagramm lost 8stone last year with BC. Training an hour a day isn't difficult to fit in you have to want the results more than anything else.

FlightyMare Fri 14-Jul-17 13:59:21

Reading this with interest as I've been considering an online coach - although I think I need one that's a bit more family-friendly if that's possible? I'm not prepared to cook separate meals for me every day, and there does seem to be a lot of 'prepping' as well as the exercise. Too time consuming for me I think, I see Joe Wicks' stuff popping up on Facebook all the time, but I think he's aimed at youngsters with bags of time and only themselves to look after.

MakeMineADoubleGin Fri 14-Jul-17 16:12:54

I did it. It's bloody hard, but if you put the effort in to the workouts, it definitely gives results. Really refreshed how I look at exercise though, and shifted me away from the scales obsession to think more about shape and inches, and fitness generally.
I found the food wasn't sustainable long term for me and I quickly fell into bad habits at the end of the plan - it didn't fit well with my lifestyle and family life, but that's not the same for everyone!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in