Talk

Advanced search

Anyone on the Eat Right For Your Blood Type Diet?

(3 Posts)
IDismyname Thu 06-Jul-17 16:22:57

It was recommended to me by a nutritionalist a few days ago. I'm an A, so am slowly going to convert across to mainly vegetarian food with a little protein, but a sensible allowance of carbs!

I used to eat very little meat, but somehow, as the years have rolled by, Ive just eaten more and more - and the weight has piled on. Ive tried a LOT of eating plans, but none have worked.

Is there anyone else out there doing it? I'd be glad to hear how you're getting on...

Blood Type Diet

OP’s posts: |
IonaNE Thu 06-Jul-17 22:03:57

Years ago I was a bit of a fan, I'm also A. But the fact is, all non-meat stuff tends to be high carb, so you can eat less of it and it stays in your stomach for a shorter time than meat. I'm now back on low carb, lots of eggs and lean meat and veggies, with a bmi under 23.

Evewasinnocent Thu 06-Jul-17 23:22:37

I am an A and I did try it years ago and recall it suited me (happy to avoid meat as prefer veg/fish diet and never liked dairy apart from yogurt - though prefer goats yogurt) - but since DH's T2 diabetes diagnosis at the end of last year - have been on the MM blood sugar diet and really enjoying this - it seems similar to me? As DH's T2 has reversed we are sticking to it completely (and as he does most of the cooking now its a win win)!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in