Low carbing and getting over illness...help!

(5 Posts)
NonStopNeuroticCabaret Fri 30-Jun-17 09:25:48

I've been following LCHF for about two months now and am doing really well, find it easy to stick to and am seeing the benefits.

However DS2 has decided to share a sickness bug with me, and as a result I've not eaten for almost 2 days.

Usually id aid my recovery with bland carbs like toast/plain crisps and Lucozade but obviously can't do that.

The thought of cheese or meat is more than I can stomach right now. Any ideas for restorative foods that won't knock my blood sugar sky high?

OP’s posts: |
QuiteLikely5 Fri 30-Jun-17 09:27:23

Why not have a slice of toast with scrambled eggs it won't harm you

ppeatfruit Fri 30-Jun-17 09:35:29

Rye toast and marmite? I\2 fresh lemon juice warmed with some water, touch of manuka honey and ginger\ garlic , that will kill any germs left!

NonStopNeuroticCabaret Fri 30-Jun-17 10:56:15

Lemon and ginger sounds good. Can't face eggs and got no bread in the house. I'm thinking some baked chicken breast would be good/bland enough for me. Thankyou smile

OP’s posts: |
ppeatfruit Fri 30-Jun-17 13:37:34

I used half a whole lemon juicing it first, then chopping small, 1\3 glass of water, chopped fresh ginger and garlic (if it's ground mix it with the juice first). The skin and pith of lemon has a load of vit. C. Some honey if you want it.

The I use a hand held blender to mix it together. Then have 2 big tablespoons 3 times a day (like medicine) with a glass of water if you need it. grin! It improves [cures] any viral or bacterial problem.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in