Talk

Advanced search

Share your successes - big or small - here

(4 Posts)
QuimJongUn Wed 28-Jun-17 23:22:52

I always find other peoples' successes incredibly motivating, so I thought I'd start a positive, inspirational thread where we can share our achievements - whatever their size. Whether it's a five stone loss to get to goal or that fantastic feeling when you drop to the next dress size, let's hear them all 😊

I'll start shall I 😁 I have a long history of eating disorders (I've been everything from a size 6 to a 28) so weight loss has always been a knotty one for me. However things were getting ridiculous - mobility problems due to RA, plus medication, plus too much delicious food meant that I was a size 24 at Easter (I needed to buy a new dress and that was the smallest size I could fit into). We don't have scales in the house so I've no idea how much I weighed, but I was 16st 1lb when I weighed at the doctor's last year. So probably about half a stone on top of that.

On Easter Monday I downloaded MFP and allowed myself 1600 calories a day. My plan was to not weigh (a slippery slope for me), log everything I ate and try to be as active as possible. I've now got down to a size 18. I'd like to be a 14, preferably by Christmas. So still a way to go! But I'm so happy with how things are going so far - I felt so much better in the hot weather last week than I have for years in the summer.

Tell me all your milestones and achievements to keep me (and everyone else) motivated!

OP’s posts: |
Whatsername17 Thu 29-Jun-17 09:23:15

Congratulations! Fantastic loss there! I'm struggling to lose my breastfeeding weight after giving birth 23 weeks ago. I have a stone to lose after losing 7lb already. I'm logging everything I eat and exercising more. I also have a history of ed so being careful. Not excluding any food, just logging it and staying within target.

revolution909 Thu 29-Jun-17 13:46:35

I was always overweight and borderline obese at times. The main problem was that I always looked lighter than I really was so never did anything about. About 9 months after just checking my weight I realised I had to do something about it. 9 months later I've lost 4st through a combination of exercise and diet smile

Movablefeast Sat 01-Jul-17 20:08:28

In Jan I began a structured weight loss program at my gym and was 169lb so just over 12 stone. I probably should be around 135lb or less so 9.5 stone or less. Basically at least 2 and a half stone to lose.

I got down to 152 or 153 in March so well over a stone but then we moved and it was massively stressful. I completely abandoned all attempt to lose weight and get fit as I was so overwhelmed. I put weight on but just started rebooting my program yesterday and weighed in at 159lb so still 10lb down from Jan! I am determined to keep going this time. Slow and steady wins the race. Well done everyone I love your stories!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in