Talk

Advanced search

Best inexpensive scales ?

(5 Posts)
Didiplanthis Sat 24-Jun-17 20:45:33

I need to buy scales. I think I may have thrown my old ones out in a fit of pique some years ago ! I can use the work ones but they are dial kg ones and I am aiming for 1lb a week weight loss so need ones a bit more specific. Not stupidly expensive would be good !

gallicgirl Sun 25-Jun-17 14:34:15

Bathroom scales or kitchen scales?

I'm guessing you mean bathroom scales!

We've got some salter scales that measure in pounds and kilos to 1 decimal points. They can also save settings and analyse body fat. I don't recall how much they were but I can't imagine we paid more than £30.

Asmoto Sun 25-Jun-17 14:39:29

Argos have got loads of choices, and you can check the reviews on their website to find a decent set. I got my Salter scales from there and have no problems, but Argos are good about returns if you do.

Don't buy the Wilko cheapies because they're unreliable - different weight each time you stand on them (within same few minutes).

Didiplanthis Mon 26-Jun-17 19:41:44

Yes bathroom scales ! I weighing in on work scales tomorrow and would be overjoyed to have lost enough to show up on the kg markers but feel this is optimistic. Will go and look at argos. Thank you.

angelcake20 Tue 27-Jun-17 15:07:28

I got a Hanson set in Home Bargains for £6. Tesco have several for around £10 and Amazon have a Salter one for the same price so you don't need to spend too much if you just want the basics and 1lb accuracy is enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now