Talk

Advanced search

Any personal trainers about??

(19 Posts)
Purplerainbow Sun 18-Jun-17 09:08:28

i lost a stone through stress. Wasn't overweight but had curves. I'm ok with my body except my boobs have disappeared. If I manage to put weight back on, what's the likely hood of my boobs coming back??

Other than giving birth iv never lost weight so this is really foreign for me. Iv over hauled my diet due to the stress, trying to make sure the small amount of food I can stomach is healthy, reduce sugar etc. I'm going for a gym induction Tuesday... iv explained sort of my predicament.

I want to build some muscle tone back, particularly my legal and bum as my bum is now quite flat where as before it wasn't. Are there any 'chest' excercises I can do to help get back my boobs or will I end up looking like a female body builder, flat chested but with pecs?!??

Tia

Purplerainbow Mon 19-Jun-17 07:20:35

Hopeful bump

Purplerainbow Mon 19-Jun-17 20:00:43

Anyone??

humanfemale Tue 20-Jun-17 18:09:36

I'm no expert and not a PT but it sounds as though you want to gain body fat? This would be done through diet.

Exercise will be amazing for de-stressing, mood, toning, health, looks... but if you want your boobs to come back, regain your lost weight by eating lots of lovely healthy high calorie food ❤️

humanfemale Tue 20-Jun-17 18:12:18

Think chest presses might make boobs less saggy because they have a stronger muscular foundation ... but they'll have shrunk because they were a source of body fat that your body used up when you were stressed and not eating..

Hope you're feeling better now flowers

NC4now Tue 20-Jun-17 18:15:45

From a diet point of view you need to increase your protein to build muscle. Maybe try adding protein powder to smoothies?

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 19:56:28

Thanks all. My problem is I can't physically eat a lot of food in one go? They haven't gone saggy thankfully (as such) but shrunk in volume at least a cup size. What counts as 'high calorie healthy food' and how can I do this without getting tubby round my belly which is what happens to me! grin

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 20:31:50

I think my stomach has shrunk as in, inside the amount I can fit in my belly? So I can't eat big meals. Breakfast is hard as I can't stomach eggs or anything so I'm having a slim fast shake just so I have something (apparabtly high protein??) I don't want to put on 'too' much but not sure of the right balanace? I like my body how it is now, my clothes look great apart from my boobs so it's really dented my confidence and I'm going away in 6 weeks and don't fill my bikini sad

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 20:42:32

Also how do I know what protein powder would be good? Would it matter what smoothie recipe I use if I add protein powder?

Sunnywithadashofgin Tue 20-Jun-17 20:45:56

You can't just add fat to your boobs and nowhere else. Lifting weights will help give you definition and will make your boobs perkier but not fuller. To gain muscle however, you need to be at a surplus in calories and it is called a "bulk". You will gain some fat with this, but lifting weights will build you muscle. You won't look like a body builder, that is extremely hard to do!

I find James Smith training on Facebook brilliant for breaking down things, he also does daily q&a's on there. He is quite sweary though.

If you google TDEE calculator, that will help you figure out what calories to eat.

If your diet is good, you train 3-4 times a week, I would say you would see results as early as 1 month. I would ask your gym coach to devise a plan which includes upper body chest strength training to help build up the muscle in your chest.

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 20:48:52

The gym is quite small... but there is a machine specifically for the chest, I can't remember the name but I do now have a programme ready for me but is quite 'general'. So upping my calorie intake will add fat... but I won't 'become' fat aslong as I'm at the gym? Is that what you mean? I could only manage 2-3 times max a week as I'm a lone parent. More like 2 times.... anything I could do at home that would be worthwhile?

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 20:51:07

My 'maintenance' calories come up as 1561 on that calculator? So how many more calories would I need to eat than that?

Sunnywithadashofgin Tue 20-Jun-17 21:01:18

To be honest, eat at maintenance if you find it difficult to eat a low. That calorie intake sounds quite low though. Maybe try this https://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Def can do at home, kettlebells are good as are suspension trainers, even press ups, some dumbells. I am not a massive fan of the machines, though cable machines are good. You could do chest press with the barbell or dumbells, dumbell flys, overhead press (just google or youtube). I would aim to do about 10-12 reps. It should be really hard to get the last rep, that is how you know you are lifting heavy enough. Also youtube body weight chest exercises. Tonnes of things you can do. But at the gym they should be able to advise you more on an upper body plan. But consistency is the key.

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 21:17:49

That's the website I used? I'm short and now quite light so I guess that is all I need? I thought it sounded high grin

Sunnywithadashofgin Tue 20-Jun-17 21:52:14

Hahah well maybe then! I can eat up to 2500 a day or 2000 if cutting, but I am tall and very active. Meant to say, you should be getting about 0.8-1g of protein per body weight. It always sounds so complicated but basically high protein is your friend.

Purplerainbow Tue 20-Jun-17 21:53:37

Protein per what of body weight sorry?

So I can't eat 'too much' protein? I'm vegetarian so I need to be careful to make sure I eat enough on a normal day...

Sunnywithadashofgin Tue 20-Jun-17 23:06:49

Sorry 0.8-1g per lb of body weight. Protein is essential for building muscle, I am vegetarian too so I just up lentils, beans, pulses and protein powder etc.

Purplerainbow Wed 21-Jun-17 05:57:13

Ok thanks , what protein powder do you use?

Purplerainbow Fri 23-Jun-17 18:30:32

Iv been mAnaging to eat a little more calorie wise but it's all just going to my belly! It's now not flat anymore! Can I not get a middle ground with this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now