Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm literally killing myself and I don't know what to fo

(91 Posts)

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck (I could go on for a while!)

I've always been very overweight even as a teen (not my parents fault...I was a sneaky twat) but I currently weigh 25st...TWENTY FUCKING FIVE

I'm amazingly good at burying my head in the sand and saying I'm fine and I'll do something and I never do so I say it to myself again but it's suddenly occurred to me (told you, I bury my head in the sand) that I'm literally killing myself and this weight will kill me.

I'm absolutely fucking petrified and I don't know what to do

AdalindSchade Wed 14-Jun-17 21:38:42

Have you tried low carb high fat? It seems to work very well for lots of people and has the benefit of not leaving you hungry and including lots of yummy food

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:38:44

Well, when I had the sudden fear that was what prompted me to lose loads of weight. It can do for you.
I had never lost weight. I was one of those for whom diets didn't work. They did when I wanted it badly enough.

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:39:06

Have you looked at your cardiovascular risk?

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:39:37

www.cvdriskchecksecure.com/framinghamriskscore.aspx

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:41:42

I'm not being harsh by the way. I remember waking up in a cold sweat at the thought I was pretty likely to have a heart attack in the near future. I have no idea why that popped into my head.
And the chances are even higher that id not have a major event but I almost certainly would develop diabetes. I imagined myself sitting in the doctors surgery being given diet advice and absolutely kicking myself for letting it get to this point. For not doing something when I could.

BIWI Wed 14-Jun-17 21:41:55

Sorry to hear that you're so frightened.

All you can do is do something about it though. What do you want to do?

Weight loss is mainly achieved through your diet, rather than exercise, so you should focus on that.

Have you tried to lose weight before? If so, what worked/didn't work for you?

There are lots of different ways you can do it, and there are lots of different support groups here on Mumsnet, which can offer you fantastic advice, help and encouragement.

If you fancy trying low carbing, you are more than welcome to come and join us on the latest Bootcamp. We're currently on week 4, but you can just jump in and join us if you want?

Good luck with whatever you decide to try

flowers

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:42:29

Point is, it was the kick up the bum I needed, sounds like the same for you.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:43:25

I'd suggest whatever you try going to your gp first and asking for a health check and weight loss advice.

ShelaghTurner Wed 14-Jun-17 21:49:39

I'm just about to be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I know I'm hugely overweight, I know diabetes was inevitable at my size. But I did fuck all about it. But I can tell you it's freaked me out something awful. I have a life altering disease and it's all my own fault. Don't be me.

flowers thank you so much

I've tried so many times (I've bought about 12 pedometers and 3 fitbits...each time promising myself this is it, this is the change I need

I'm 28...I feel like I've fucked everything up already...I'm so scared I'm going to drop dead...or go blind...or something...so scared and so worried about how to start, what do I do to start!? I need to do something so badly, I feel like it's taken away my life and destroyed my 20s

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:52:07

Phew thought I'd scared you away.
Op you are young. The actual risk to you is still quite minor.. The big risk is that you will wake up ten years from now and nothing will have changed. Then your panic will be real.
This time next year you could have lost six stone.

ChaChaChaCh4nges Wed 14-Jun-17 21:52:41

You know what? I believe you can do this. I have total faith in you. I really do.

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:52:54

Shelagh I'm sorry. Hopefully you can control it with diet and it will signal the start of a healthier you all round flowers

ShelaghTurner Wed 14-Jun-17 21:53:54

I've got nearly 20 years on you. You're young, there is time to change. I wish I had. I've started just moving around a bit more. I know it's hard at this size but start small. I will have to drastically change my diet overnight but generally I try to adjust more slowly. It's easier to cut out things one at a time than go mad and live on lettuce.

bambisims Wed 14-Jun-17 21:54:37

flowersflowers tomorrow can be day one of the rest of your life. You're young and yes very overweight but by this time next year you could easily have lost 10 stone. Be close to a healthy weight and be in a MUCH healthier body and mind.

I would suggest booking into the doctors. You can probably get a gym membership and diet subscription through the NHS.

Although I agree that weight loss is mainly through diet you sound like you're mainly worried about your health so I would make positive changes in your diet and exercise and I feel the exercise will help your mental space.

Good luck OP

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:55:10

Lego as biwi said we will all desperately want to come on and tell you what worked for us. You will need to experiment and discover what works for you.
What are the positives? For example mine are that I actively like salad but I like chocolate more and although I am an exercise avoider if I have somewhere to be I can walk for miles, lugging bags with me.
Tell me a positive about your situation that will help you.

ShelaghTurner Wed 14-Jun-17 21:55:26

Thanks SPB. Definitely time to change. I'm pricing up fitbits FGS wink

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Jun-17 21:56:14

Good for you. You can and will do it smile

I can't see through tears! Thank you all so much

I can't get to the doctors until at least July (working 5x12h days) and I can't leave it that long...how do I start? What do I do tomorrow?

Truly thank you

blue2014 Wed 14-Jun-17 21:57:14

Look at either therapy or a personal trainer? These things are so hard to do alone

BIWI Wed 14-Jun-17 21:58:34

How do you start? Go and look at all the different weight loss topics on Mumsnet, have a read through them and see what sounds like it suits you best!

MollyHuaCha Wed 14-Jun-17 21:58:51

You can do this OP! Choose your plan and go for it. Be kind to yourself and do it only for yourself. Good luck smilestarflowers

bambisims Wed 14-Jun-17 21:59:17

Oh fit bit is a good idea! I find it really helps to move around more! That's a good idea!!

I'm a lazy cook...I fucking hate cooking so salad and ready meals and take aways are what I live off but it's the sheer quantity of food...I had a subway salad for lunch...with chocolate bar, crisps, a sandwich and a cookie ffs

I didn't need that but in my head I did

I have the opportunity to walk a lot at work but I don't, I get taxis, buses or just don't go far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now