Talk

Advanced search

The f***ing C-Sec OVERHANG!!

(14 Posts)
SloeGinRocks Wed 14-Jun-17 17:17:32

Has anyone ever managed to get rid of this??

If so please share what worked for you?....

confused

wispytree Wed 14-Jun-17 17:19:14

I'd also like to know this angry

Babymamaroon Thu 15-Jun-17 12:04:38

Bump! Someone must know grin

blue2014 Thu 15-Jun-17 12:24:19

Oh, is it different if you've had a c section? I have a little hanging fatty skin, assumed it was a general pregnancy thing. Is it not?

Vanillamanilla1 Thu 15-Jun-17 12:26:06

I don't think there is a way to get rid of it
The muscle has been cut through , a portion of it is now dead muscle ,
Ive had 3 sections ... It's shit isn't it sad

noodleaddict Thu 15-Jun-17 12:57:51

I want to know too! Come on MN...

Fridaynightaddict Fri 16-Jun-17 06:56:44

I've had 3 csec and I'm in the same boat

lalaloopyhead Fri 16-Jun-17 07:04:20

3 Cs's here too and the same problem. I think short of more surgery there probably isn't anything that can be done. I've put some weight on which makes it worse obviously, but even when I was a more slim figure I had a bulge and was unable to wear anything tight fitting as it just looked weird sad

happymum73 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:55:18

Yep...same here. It wasn't so bad after my first but with my second it's horrible. I'm so self-conscious about it.

MyBeautifulSquid Fri 16-Jun-17 09:58:37

I've had 3 sections too

Youngest is 3 I'm a size 6-8 and it's still there 😡. Pilates has helped massively though, I've been doing 15 minutes of daily pilates since January (I follow the Live fit girl on you tube)

dappledlightinflight Fri 16-Jun-17 10:03:53

Is not dead muscle! The muscle is stretched apart with a c-section. I think it is down to how fit you are at the point of surgery and how skillful the surgeon was too. I have had three. I was super fit first two and no problems. The third I was not very fit and surgeon seems to have pulled everything back too tight. I have a small overhang just looks like s bit of trapped fat.

iismum Fri 16-Jun-17 10:07:22

I remember asking my doctor when it would go away about 6 weeks afterwards. She made a face and said that unless I became extremely thin (I was then and am now a 10/12) it would never go. It is a bit better now but I think it will always be there. It's like the scar pulls my stomach in very low down, so if there's any fat at all on my stomach, it's going to overhang. It sucks.

MyBeautifulSquid Fri 16-Jun-17 11:10:47

Haha I asked my doc the same after dc1

He actually laughed 😡🤣

kingfishergreen Fri 16-Jun-17 11:12:36

I can attest that at 8 month pp it is still firmly not firmly in place. I'm almost getting rather fond it it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: