Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit miffed.

(7 Posts)
sexymuthafunker Fri 02-Jun-17 07:42:24

I have been calorie counting for the first time ever this week and exercising every day (30-45 minute swim)

The first 3 days I lost 1lb a day which was incredibly motivating.

Didn't do my swim yesterday and have gained 1b this morning.

I'm obviously going to get back on the swimming today. But is this usual? Feeling quite miffed.

OP’s posts: |
ClashCityRocker Fri 02-Jun-17 07:46:30

Unlikely to be skipping the swimming - weight does tend to fluctuate on a day to day basis.

Possibly build up of lactic acid from exercise?

fluffydogs Fri 02-Jun-17 07:46:34

Yes don't worry. Firstly just weigh once a week, your weigh can fluctuate a lot just by holding water etc. For example if I have a couple of glasses of wine and a takeaway the scales will jump up 7lbs but fret drinking water and being healthy again for a few days it drops straight off.
Keep going and it'll work. Just don't push yourself to hard otherwise you'll give up! Well done.

MsWanaBanana Fri 02-Jun-17 07:46:50

Yep I wouldn't worry about weight too much right now. I always seem to go up and down a few pounds when I'm dieting. I measure by inches now and find that a lot better. I dropped down 2 dresses sizes when I went on SlimFast but my weight on the scales didn't drop as much as I thought it would. Don't be disheartened just keep going

Berrybakecake1 Fri 02-Jun-17 07:49:17

It's better to weigh yourself once a week at the same time usually in the morning.
Weight fluctuates daily.

sexymuthafunker Fri 02-Jun-17 10:56:12

Thanks for the speedy replies.

Yes was thinking am probably weighing too often but it's just been really interesting as have never counted calories or really weighed myself much.

Am also pre-menstural right now so could be water retention I guess.

Pilling on 2 dress sizes over the last 4 years however has been quite mortifying!

Will swim today and see what difference it makes! But totally agree it's the look / size of you that makes a difference not really what the scales say.

sexymuthafunker Fri 02-Jun-17 13:16:50

Right done my swim had a poo and the 1lb has come off again!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in