Talk

Advanced search

Ditching 15 kgs - anyone else?

(5 Posts)
WorldsacpeLove Tue 30-May-17 20:48:44

I am really struggling with my weight, how I view my body and how to lose the weight. I have 15 kgs to ditch and wondered if anyone planned to lose a similar amount, would you like to buddy up?

I need to quit sugar. I also plan to walk each day and do daily yoga and bodyweight training or HIIT with some running and swimming thrown in.

WorldsacpeLove Wed 31-May-17 08:34:07

I've started today with a huge pint of water. Is it 6 I need to aim for? Can't face breakfast just yet but will have it in an hour or so.

ShoutOutToMyEx Wed 31-May-17 08:38:47

I want to lose 15kg too! I'm in the gym 4x week and walking 4 miles a day. Now to work on the food - what's your meal plan like? I need ideas!

WorldsacpeLove Wed 31-May-17 08:58:59

@ShoutOutToMyEx

Hello :-)

In terms of food, I struggle with snacks (particularly the huge packet of marzipan that is in the fridge door). I'm hoping that drinking a pint of water more regularly will help. I've also moved the fruit ball so it's the first thing I see when I enter the kitchen.

In terms of meals - I am trying to eat three a day with two smaller pieces of fruit or veg sticks in between. I was going to go low carb, but I don't think I eat that many carbs anyway. Trying to stick to made from scratch things as I am off work at the moment so have the time to try and make some different things. I quite like things like chicken tray bakes, curries, salads, meat and three veg, chilli con carne etc. I will keep a record as I go.

One of my problems, I think, is that I eat too much. However, I am not sure how much I should be eating at each meal. I'll try and cut down my serving sizes as well. AND.

I need to figure out breakfasts.

ShoutOutToMyEx Wed 31-May-17 10:24:26

Really good ideas about the water and the fruit. Going to have a pint now!

I cook from scratch a lot too, and like you was considering low carb. As a vegetarian though it seems pretty tricky!

Breakfast is hard for me too, at the moment I don't really eat it. It doesn't feel natural to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now