Talk

Advanced search

Macros based diet?

(13 Posts)
MsMarvel Mon 29-May-17 21:12:37

Ive been seeing a PT for a while and shes put together a macros based eating plan, high protein, everything weighed etc.

Done the first day of it today, and its So. Much. Food. I cant eat it all!!

How can it be possible that I'll lose weight on this, when it seems like so much more than I was eating before, can eating lots of the right things really balance out against less of the wrong things?

OwlinaTree Tue 30-May-17 07:13:07

Can you give us an example of a day's worth?

MsMarvel Tue 30-May-17 08:12:59

90g oats for breakfast, with protein powder added.

2 whole grain chicken and avocado wraps (100g avocado and 180g chicken across the two)

115g chicken 180g rice and as much Stir fry veg as I want.

If ive been to the gym I also get a protein shake and a banana.

It doesnt sound like an awful lot, but the actual portions are massive once they are weighed out!

MirabelleTree Tue 30-May-17 08:32:44

Try bashing it all into My Fitness Pal (it's free) and then work out your TDEE with an online calculator and see how they pan out together . If the food is less than your TDEE you will lose. It's food that is designed to keep you feeling full I think so less likely to stray off plan.

I can see how it is a lot of food as am having breakfast of 30g oats with an apple and that's a decent portion. Maybe try breaking it down into more frequent smaller meals?

fishonabicycle Tue 30-May-17 08:58:28

That is loads! Is the 150 grams rice uncooked weight? If so - huge! 90g oats is also a really big portion. Are you trying to gain muscle (ie lifting heavy weights too)?

MsMarvel Tue 30-May-17 11:34:41

Its weights based training that I'm doing, but I'm concerned I'm not doing enough to justify eating all this food!

OwlinaTree Tue 30-May-17 19:49:12

Id give it a month and see if it works. 90g of oats seems a lot! Is it uncooked or cooked?

MsMarvel Wed 31-May-17 00:19:56

Tbh I'm not 100% sure about the oats because I've been skipping breakfast so far. I get up so early that I couldnt eat at that time.

The rice is cooked weight, so about 3/4 of a microwave packet.

Blondie1984 Wed 31-May-17 02:13:21

Does your PT have any nutrition qualifications? Most don't ....

Blondie1984 Wed 31-May-17 02:34:39

And have they recommend you take a multivitamin - or any other supplements?

MsMarvel Wed 31-May-17 09:44:51

She has a fitness nutrition qualification, not sure exactly what qualification it is, but she has definately done some sort of course.

No, not said anything about multivitamins.

Strongbeatsskinny Wed 31-May-17 13:28:28

Give it time you will see a difference if you stick to it. Honestly I eat far more than that and I'm a very lean bean with beautiful muscles .

StealingYourWiFi Wed 31-May-17 13:32:23

I follow macros. In fact I'm eating my macro tracked lunch now! I love counting macros. It gives me fantastic consistency and I can still eat what I want really.

I eat 2200 calories a day at 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat. I don't follow a nutrition menu as I choose what I want to eat. I also do weight training, I've had fantastic results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now