Talk

Advanced search

Just realised how HUGE my legs are

(5 Posts)
Cagliostro Mon 29-May-17 18:52:43

Horrified! I pretty much ignore my legs - tend to live in jeans. Trying on some shorts today and oh god sad

I've always thought of my tummy as the fattest bit and I knew my thighs were big but I didn't realise just how wide my knees and calves are!

I don't know if I can do anything about it. I lost some weight earlier this year just by cutting back on fizzy drinks but my clothes (size 20 usually) fit the same round the leg as they did before, it's my tummy that has decreased a bit. I have to exercise gently due to fatigue/dizziness issues and am trying to build up my walking etc although I'm being extra careful as I'm about 16 weeks pregnant.

Is there anything that can help my awful awful legs?

fishonabicycle Tue 30-May-17 08:56:10

Unfortunately the only thing that will get rid of fat anywhere is losing weight. The shape of your legs can be helped by exercise. But it's a lot of work.

Cagliostro Tue 30-May-17 09:11:57

Thank you smile I know it will be a very slow process.

I used to love the leg press and that kind of thing at the gym - my legs were surprisingly strong compared to the rest of me - but I can't use a gym at the moment so I'm not sure what I can do at home.

MoonlightMedicine Tue 30-May-17 09:15:08

Lots of walking might help if you can fit that into your day.

OwlinaTree Tue 30-May-17 09:25:20

I bet they are not that bad, I always focus on my problem areas but I'm sure no one else notices.

Try using some fake tan, a bit of tan always makes me feel a bit better about wobbly bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now