Talk

Advanced search

2 stone to loose motivation buddy needed

(18 Posts)
Nickname0 Mon 29-May-17 09:32:08

Hi everyone I'm posting for a bit of support/advice. I'm 5ft 4 and 11st 4. This is my heaviest I've ever been, I'm quite curvy even at 9 st 5 (bust, hips and bum) but from August I've managed to pile on 2 stone. It makes me feel very self conscious and have lost my mojo sad none of my clothes fit me comfortably and this is my first serious time where I am determined to loose weight.

I don't have a diet plan to follow I don't have the time with work or childcare for SW, but I am trying to eat healthier, drink more water, cut out crap and exercise using my stationary bike and walk when I get the chance.

Anyone else in the same boat and wants to join me?

manhowdy Mon 29-May-17 12:49:35

Hi Nickname0,

I am 5ft 4 and 77kg. I think that's about 12 stone. I started dieting on Friday when I weighed 79.2kg! My heaviest weight ever. I had a baby in Jan.

I am basically:-

- walking min 5km a day
- cutting out all sugars & crap
- massively reduced bread intake (sob)
- no alcohol, cut down on coffee
- making my meals from either the SW mag or Joe Wicks instagram page (thebodycoach)
- I ignore all SW advice re using Fry Light / Muller Light / Low Fat Sausages etc. I cook with coconut oil, use real butter and if I have yoghurt it's full fat Greek. All meat is good quality with fat left right where it should be.

Happy to check in here regularly with my progress and to read yours! smile

Nickname0 Mon 29-May-17 14:10:22

Hi Manhowdy smile, your plan sounds good! I've just started today, I've had breakfast - two slices of seed brown bread with a hard boiled egg, a half of cup of raspberries and an orange. Big improvement as I very rarely eat breakfast!

For lunch I had a mixed salad with some leftover skinless chicken Breast which was really nice smile

I got a bit of a sugar crash around a half hour ago and had to have a belvita breakfast bar, I'm also drinking green tea and glasses of water.
Good luck to you I hope we can do this! [Superwoman emoji]

manhowdy Tue 30-May-17 13:58:48

That menu sounds good to me Nick. Keep that up and the weight should shift quickly.

It's day 5 for me and I have to say I am coping remarkably well with the diet change. No notable sugar cravings or hunger pangs. I do keep getting dull only-just-there headaches but it could be the weather. Weigh in day is Friday for me, looking forward to that as I already feel slightly more comfy in my clothes.

As well as lose weight, I am really trying to reprogram my thinking around food with this diet so I don't end up putting it all back on again. Eating is literally one of my favourite things to do ever grin

treaclesoda Tue 30-May-17 14:02:43

Hi Nickname I'll join you. I'm the same height and a similar weight. It has crept on slowly in my case, over about five years. I've got to make changes.

I'm not going to do slimming world or anything. I'm going to up my exercise (I used to do a lot and over the past couple of years it has fizzled out) and improve my diet. Mainly by way of cutting down on snacking and sugary stuff. I'm hoping that just concentrating on improving my health should be motivation.

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 14:41:27

You're doing great Manhowdy well done! grin I cant wait to feel more Comfortable in my clothes smile have had a great day so far, hopefully it lasts!

Hi treaclesoda smile, I'm not doing slimming world either but I am using my fitness pal and it is making me more conscious of what I'm eating, I love food so it is going to be hard.

Good luck to you both and hopefully by Friday we will all see a change smile

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 14:42:30

Also I'm using the app as the new layout of the mobile page is really bad so forgive me if I don't reply I will be checking when I can

Givemeanicecream Tue 30-May-17 14:44:00

Hiya can I join you all please?
I am 5'4 at 76.8kg and need to lose at least 20 kgs.
I lost it all last year after having my baby. I fell pregnant again but sadly mc but still stuck with the weight.
Hoping to lose some before ttc again.
Good luck all smile

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 16:24:51

Of course you can Givemeanicecream the more the merrier! smile

What's your plan? Im also ttc (have been for 10 months and torture myself every month but have just decided to focus on weight for now) wanting to lower my bmi and be healthier in general and fit into my clothes smile

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 16:26:15

Sorry to hear of you mc Givemeanicecream flowers

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 16:26:15

Sorry to hear of you mc Givemeanicecream flowers

Givemeanicecream Tue 30-May-17 16:32:58

Thanks Nick good luck with TTC, it's a whole new journey in itself! Like you am also focusing on the weight right now as I just expand in pregnancy blush
I have no specific plan, just trying to eat healthy and less crap than I was. I need to control my portion size as they are huge!
Are you doing any exercises?

Nickname0 Tue 30-May-17 17:42:42

Yes Giveme I'm trying to walk every evening and at the minute managing 5 mins at a time on my stationary bike, this will increase but for the moment that's all I can do smile thanks this will be my second dc, I have DSC the youngest in our family is 10 so it will be a change smile

treaclesoda Tue 30-May-17 20:09:25

Am just back from a tough class at the gym. Did one last night too, and am hoping I could do one again tomorrow. Even if I don't get thinner, I'll definitely get stronger...

manhowdy Sat 03-Jun-17 20:46:38

Evening!

How are we all doing then? I'm still being very good despite my period starting which would normally make me RAVENOUS. Ended my first week yesterday with a 5lb loss overall. A bit too much to expect every week, but as long as I can manage a couple of pounds a week I will be happy.

Still walking lots though I've had a lazy day today as I was just exhausted.

Currently trawling the internet for a healthy pud for tomorrow night. Joe Wicks has some beetroot brownies in his book. They look delicious but I am highly suspicious they will taste bloody horrible!

Hope everyone is doing well. Send any guilt-free pud recipes this way pretty please!

smile

treaclesoda Sat 03-Jun-17 21:16:23

I don't actually have any scales so I've no idea how I have done. But by the end of the week I'm certain that my trousers were a bit more comfortable. I only made it to the gym twice but I was very disciplined in my eating, just completely cut out snacking. Was not as hard as I had feared, so hoping I can stick to it.

Nickname0 Sun 04-Jun-17 11:23:26

Sorry I haven't been updating, we have sadly had a family bereavement so things have been quite busy. I am determined to start afresh tomorrow!

I hope things have been going well for you, the weather has been crap and making me want to eat more hmm

manhowdy Mon 05-Jun-17 18:03:50

Sorry to read that Nick sad

I have been hanging around on a thread discussing the 16:8 diet (in the fasting section). Go check it out. Sounds promising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now