Talk

Advanced search

MFP values?

(4 Posts)
Episcia Sat 27-May-17 15:00:13

Hi everyone!

Recently I've decided to get my bottom off the office chair and start not so much losing weight but losing body fat and toning muscle. Downloaded MFP app for the first time to see how I'm doing on the nutrition front, and something seems off?

Attached are 1. a list of what I've eaten today (off for some more food later too once I'm done here), and 2. a tally of the relevant numbers. Are the recommended values generally accurate? Is there some sort of external template I can use for custom values? Or am I just eating way too much protein/fibre?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

SorrelForbes Sat 27-May-17 15:03:54

I think you may need to check the amounts you've entered. For example, the spinach should probably be one x 500 not 400 x 500?

SorrelForbes Sat 27-May-17 15:05:16

Sorry that didn't come out right! There's definitely something not right with what you've entered. 500g of spinach shouldn't be 400 cals.

Episcia Sat 27-May-17 15:18:19

Ah you're right! Tried it out with clicking on another of those spinach options under "add food" and this is what I got. Still 18g above the recommended protein though (is that too much, still?) but it's not that bad at least.

I've never paid any attention to calories/nutrition before so pretty new to all this and I do apologise for my ignorance. Thanks for the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now