Talk

Advanced search

I need forgiveness

(2 Posts)
GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 24-May-17 18:05:00

I don't know what came over me this afternoon.

I've been chugging along nicely, losing on average 1lb every week, feeling good...and suddenly this afternoon I've binged on cakes. Why?

It's been a busy week, but in a good way. Exhausted at the end of the day, but feeling that I have worked well.

Hell, I don't really care why. I just wish I hadn't done it. I know I have to forgive myself and just get back into my diet. Tomorrow is a new day. But I am just so cross with myself. And the trouble is that even while I feel stuffed and overfull, I'm craving craving CRAVING. Which never happens when I'm eating properly.

Argh!

upsidedownmonkey Thu 25-May-17 12:57:38

I have done this sooo often - I think it's some kind of self sabotageblush
I started to eat properly and try to lose weight again recently and started with cutting out sugar - not trying to do anything else , I just did that for about 4 weeks and now I feel calmer about food. I know if I just have one sugary thing I am at real risk of having a binge so am trying to avoid situations where I'll be offered a biscuit! It may sound like a small thing but I am really proud of not having pudding on Sunday when there was opportunity and usually I would have if only to be 'polite'! I am really fighting to not go on my usual spiral.

Really hope you get back on track - - remember you have done it before so you can do it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now