Talk

Advanced search

I need forgiveness

(2 Posts)
GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 24-May-17 18:05:00

I don't know what came over me this afternoon.

I've been chugging along nicely, losing on average 1lb every week, feeling good...and suddenly this afternoon I've binged on cakes. Why?

It's been a busy week, but in a good way. Exhausted at the end of the day, but feeling that I have worked well.

Hell, I don't really care why. I just wish I hadn't done it. I know I have to forgive myself and just get back into my diet. Tomorrow is a new day. But I am just so cross with myself. And the trouble is that even while I feel stuffed and overfull, I'm craving craving CRAVING. Which never happens when I'm eating properly.

Argh!

OP’s posts: |
upsidedownmonkey Thu 25-May-17 12:57:38

I have done this sooo often - I think it's some kind of self sabotageblush
I started to eat properly and try to lose weight again recently and started with cutting out sugar - not trying to do anything else , I just did that for about 4 weeks and now I feel calmer about food. I know if I just have one sugary thing I am at real risk of having a binge so am trying to avoid situations where I'll be offered a biscuit! It may sound like a small thing but I am really proud of not having pudding on Sunday when there was opportunity and usually I would have if only to be 'polite'! I am really fighting to not go on my usual spiral.

Really hope you get back on track - - remember you have done it before so you can do it again!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in