Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

VLCD

(608 Posts)
Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 12:23:06

Anyone doing one at the moment?

I've started exante this morning. Last year I lost 3 stone with Cambridge but Exante is loads cheaper. No meeting though so I need moral support if any one can give it!

Starting weight 249.2lb. Awful I know so no need to tell me.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 19:23:17

Evening bump.

Msqueen33 Mon 22-May-17 19:26:58

I've just started slim and save. Very similar but again no consultant but a good Facebook group. I need to lose around four stone. Good luck.

HerRoyalFattyness Mon 22-May-17 19:27:30

Hi. Im not doing a vlcd, but I do need to lose weight.
I'm 16st 4 (228 lbs) or there abouts, so definitely need to shift it.
I can be your support of you like, give you a virtual kick up the arse? Or a shoulder to cry on, or someone to moan at that you're starving. And you can tell me not to reach for the junk food when I'm stressed.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 19:56:36

Hello! I would love virtual support and very happy to be there for others.

Do either of you have a target date? I go on holiday in the October half term and would just like to lose as much as possible before then, though it's around 5 stone in total. Massive massive around and I'm actually quite terrified!

nomorechocolate1 Mon 22-May-17 20:10:31

I have got Exante products, but not started yet, 2mro hopefully. R u in the fb group?

Msqueen33 Mon 22-May-17 20:12:53

Am always up for a virtual buggy. I'm hoping to shift a lot by our holiday in august.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 20:14:25

No I'm not. Always a bit nervous or Facebook groups as I'd prefer it if friends didn't know.

IndianaMoleWoman Mon 22-May-17 20:19:19

I'm on week 20 of 20 on Lipotrim. My target date is this Saturday to get to 12st 7lb and I'm 5lb away so will probably be just shy, but I'm still proud of myself. I started on 8th January and I've lost 6st 1lb. I feel great and it's been so worth it.

The real work starts next week though when I gradually start to eat normally again. Maintenance is so much harder than the actual diet, but I have a plan and I have to stick to it.

To all those just starting out, good luck! It's such a great feeling when you get to the end.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 20:33:21

Wow! That is truly amazing, well done!

You are so right about the maintenance and that is where I failed last time.

Would you stock around to give any advice?

IndianaMoleWoman Mon 22-May-17 20:45:46

Absolutely - but there's really nothing to it, apart from will power. In a weird way it's almost easier because you're not battling with yourself and making choices all day, every day like you usually would be. As I said, it's keeping it off that's the tricky part.

I would advise you to prepare yourself for some negativity; people think VLC diets are dangerous, bad for you, cause you to go into a mythical "starvation mode" and not lose any weight, make you pile the weight back on the second you eat something etc. and they're usually not shy about telling you! Come up with your own standard response. Mine has been to listen politely, smile and say "ok!" then change the subject, but then I'm not one for confrontation.

I also found it helpful to plan out my potential weight loss. So, after the first fortnight (where you will lose more) I worked out what my total loss would be if I lost four lb a week on average. It's been a great motivator, particularly when you can see roughly what you'll weigh for future events. Maybe figure out what you could weigh on Father's Day?

nomorechocolate1 Mon 22-May-17 20:49:34

The fb group is a closed group so none of ur fb friends would know or see anything you post in it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/613411965387098/

It's also the official group

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 20:53:08

You're right, people are v negative. I think they also think it's the easy option or cheating somehow. I wish!

Did you really lose 4lb a week? shock

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 20:53:54

Thank you nomore I think I will join if that's the case.

IndianaMoleWoman Mon 22-May-17 20:56:40

On average I've lost about 3.5lb a week after the first fortnight. Week 1 was 12lb, week 2 6lb. At least 10lb of that initial loss is glycogen and associated water though. Some weeks I've lost 2lb, others 5lb. It's definitely tailed off a bit in the last few weeks though as I've finally got close to the healthy BMI range.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 20:59:41

Thank you, I'm definitely feeling inspired! Day 2 here I come!!

IndianaMoleWoman Mon 22-May-17 21:03:13

The first few days are the roughest; get through them and you'll get through it all! You'll be in ketosis soon enough and it will become so much easier.

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 21:13:30

I have to admit- I'm starving but I know it will pass. Think thin!

lampshady Mon 22-May-17 21:16:07

Gosh it's hard though. I've been off an on for a year and keep ending up where I started, which is the downside of a VLCD. The weight loss is immense when I stick to it!

Snap8TheCat Mon 22-May-17 21:18:49

Do join us lampdhady if you would like some moral support. I completely get the yo yo effect, maintaining as we've said is definitely the hardest.

Rockchick1984 Tue 23-May-17 03:45:28

I'm just coming to the end of my first week using slim and save. Found it a lot easier so far than I was expecting, it's the mental cravings that are worse than actual hunger, I've not been hungry since day 3. Love the diet so far, and hopefully can lose 4 stone to get me down to target weight by October when I'm at a wedding!

Snap8TheCat Tue 23-May-17 06:38:00

That's brill rockchick it seems we have similar weight and time targets.

I've got up this morning and appeared to have lost 3 and a half pound! I clearly know that that's not fat but since my targets are all about getting those numbers down, it doesn't really matter to me. It's very motivating to get me through day 2.

Good luck everyone.

Msqueen33 Tue 23-May-17 06:52:09

@Rockchick1984 it's good isn't it. Which plan do you follow? I'm following simplicity. First day today. I tried it last year and lost two stone. I want to lose at least four this time 😐

Snap8TheCat Tue 23-May-17 07:04:41

Good luck for day 1 msqueen

Bunniesncats Tue 23-May-17 07:10:13

I bought some lighter life products yesterday in view of starting a vlcd - I have 5 stone to lose. I've never tried this before so if anyone out there wants to share any wisdom/give me a kick up the butt to get going it will be greatly received 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now