Talk

Advanced search

I'm back in the zone and I'm going to kick off with 1 week hardcore boot camp.

(36 Posts)
saladsmoothie Sun 21-May-17 21:57:40

If anyone wants to join me I promise to be terrifyingly encouraging at every step. And if no one wants to join me I shall update this thread anyway because I found a MN thread really useful last time I did this.

My plan for this week is...
No wheat, no sugar, no snacking (nb this means no booze).
Drink lots of water (my skin is bloody awful atm).
Stick to under 1500 calories per day (ideally 1200)
Run at least 3 times in the next 7 days.

Also...
Day 1: 10 squats, 10 lunges, 10 press ups.
Day 2: 11 squats, 11, lunges, 11 press ups.
Day 3: 12 squats etc etc etc and so on increasing for the rest of the month.

I lost a BUTTLOAD of weight last year and was fit and healthy and size 10 for the first time in my adult life. Have had some big life changes in the last couple of months and have been comfort eating and exercising a lot less. Really need to get back on the wagon before all my new small clothes get too tight.

PorklessPie Mon 22-May-17 06:46:28

Can I join you? I want to loose 7lbs, I'm currently 9st at 5ft 3 it's very difficult getting below this weight. Last year I lost 5st in 5 months and have kept it off. I'm vegan so pretty healthy and find it maintains my weight well, just need to push past the 9's. Going to alternative day fast so one 500 cal meal today.

biscuitbasket Mon 22-May-17 06:59:47

Can I join in too? Am going to kick-start being healthy. Only want to loose a few pounds, but giving up smoking and need to concentrate on running instead!

Am also vegan... waves

Will either run or yoga session every day this month.

Thisismylastbiscuit Mon 22-May-17 07:07:30

I'll join as my weight has crept up and I have a terrifying three stone to lose to my ideal weight or two stone to get to a weight I'm comfortable with.

I'm also going low carb, no sugar, plenty of exercise and lots of water.

Porkless, how did you lose 5 stone in 5 months? That's a pretty remarkable achievement to do it in such a short timeframe. I'd be delighted to be my ideal weight by Christmas!

Xoticdreamz Mon 22-May-17 07:09:24

Hi , can I join ? I'm 5 ft 1 and have gone from 10 stone 1 to 9 stone 5 in the last 6 weeks . I really want to get to 8 stone 7 before my holiday on the 4 th of July .
I'm making loads of promises of what I will buy myself when I reach the 8 stone out mark though !

KeiraTwiceKnightley Mon 22-May-17 07:09:36

Me too please. I really want to shift about 10lbs. I'm slimmer and fitter than I've been in years but 45 in dec and staring down the barrel of frumpy middle age if im not careful! I'm going to reduce carbs, build
In more exercise and cut booze out for a week or two (at a festival in 2 weeks so allowed then but not before).

Loubilou09 Mon 22-May-17 08:54:46

I will join but please (and I realise I sound like a dick) but can we all spell Lose correctly on the thread grin

I have lost 32lbs but have lost my way a bit in the last 4 weeks and need to get right back to boot camp of 1200 cals and low carb. Got loads of exercise planned for this week but really need to keep the cals low and drink bucket loads of water!

8 weeks until holiday and really really want to be at the 3 stone lost by then!

saladsmoothie Mon 22-May-17 09:04:20

Friends!!! Hooray. So glad to have some company.

Great to see people with various goals on the thread. Honestly, when I lost a load of weight last year I found Mumsnet thread support so helpful. It keeps me on track to know I'll be reporting in later.

Hello to the vegans! I'm dairy free veggie.

I will be updating at odd times because I'm living on the other side of the planet to you guys. So, right now it's the end of Monday and I've had a good first day!

B: banana
L: Green bean salad + a mandarin
D: Sweet potato cakes with roast veg + a mandarin

... and now I'm wondering if no sugar ought to mean no fruit. What do other people do?

lifesjoys Mon 22-May-17 09:20:10

Can I join too??

Movingin2017 Mon 22-May-17 09:30:06

Hi I'll join! I lost 3 stone in 4 months a couple of years ago, just been through a crappy time and it's all crept back on! I am aiming for an average of 1200 a day over a week, made up of 3 X 750 and 4 X 1550 roughly. I can't do 500 a day it's makes me soooo hangry!

Plus running 3 times a week and strength exercises / tabata work outs 3 times a week.

@saladsmoothie I've done the I quit sugar and low sugar diets before and i think lower GI fruit are berries apples and pears. Avoid bananas, grapes and citrus fruits except grapefruit if I remember rightly!

Today's menu
Porridge
Berries as snack
Salad and oatcakes for lunch
Lentil Dahl for dinner

saladsmoothie Mon 22-May-17 09:34:17

Welcome @lifesjoys

Moving - so my fruit choices of banana and mandarins weren't great!

Now I fancy dahl. That's tomorrow's dinner decided.

CiderwithBuda Mon 22-May-17 09:45:45

Can I join you all please?

Have been faffing about losing and gaining the same two or three pounds over the last few weeks. I lose during the week and gain it back at the weekend drinking and eating crap.

Am going to Weight Watchers but following my own plan rather than theirs. Only going to keep a friend company really.

My plan is low carb and more importantly no crap carbs - sugar, bread booze etc. I know there is one of BIWI's low carb boot camps starting today but I find them too restrictive. I want to be able to have pulses, sweet potato etc. I can also have soya and linseed bread and still lose and will include that. Once a day only.

Alcohol is my main issue. I'm fine during the week if dh is away but struggle when he is here. Currently planning on no drinking but may let myself have weak white wine soda if I'm struggling.

Am 53 and currently weigh 15 st 11.5lbs. Down from 16st 4 a few months ago.

Exercise - I try to do three spinning classes a week but for various reasons am struggling to do that at the moment. So plan is to do what I can and walk the days I can't go to spinning.

PorklessPie - well done on your five stone loss. That's amazing. How did you do it? I would love to lose five stone but it seems like such a long slog.

Xoticdreamz Mon 22-May-17 09:52:27

I am currently sticking to low calorie, I dunno if it's cause I have been on diets on and off loads or because I'm creeping up to 40 but I have to work really hard to lose weight now .
I seem to put weight back on far more easily when I low carb plus I get drunk very very quickly on it blush
It's most likely cause I tend to hard core diet before a holiday and then eat everything in sight when away but anyway I like to try to continue to eat crisps/ bread but just make sure it's ringos ( 64 cals ! ) and wholemeal pitta etc
Trying to keep to 1000 cals a day , going on my exercise bike whenever Eastenders is on , 2 perhaps 3 gym classes a week and trying to walk 6000 steps most days is the current regime.
For the last 3 mornings I've also been drinking "skinny coffee' ... I'm sure it's most likely a loads of rubbish but hey ho , giving it a try .

CiderwithBuda Mon 22-May-17 10:31:37

Whatever works Xotic. I like low carb but not no carb. No crap carbs really. I feel lighter in myself and can have a good range of foods. Do need to keep track of the calories too though.

Have never heard of skinny coffee but I pulled out my Bootee detox tea that has beeen at the back of the cupboard for ages! Mainly to use it up really. I also need to drink more water.

Have just had a chopped up nectarine with coconut yogurt and some flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds.
Lunch will be a big bowl of salad - leaves, cherry tomatoes, chopped carrot, yellow pepper, spring onions, celery, chick peas and hummus .
Dinner will be Cajun chicken, spring greens cooked with chopped leeks and some creme fraiche with some sweet potato

Some gardening planned for this afternoon so that might have to be my exercise for the day.

Xoticdreamz Mon 22-May-17 10:43:25

I think I might have been on a thread with you before Cider smile
I think skinny coffee it pretty much the same sort of thing to your tea .
Enjoy the garden , very rainy today for me .
I am attending a wedding today , the couple got married abroad and are having the meal/ reception this evening.
I'm hoping my pig element stays in its box , really can't be assed undoing the work I have done so far .

PorklessPie Mon 22-May-17 17:34:55

I went vegan last January after being a lifelong vegetarian (I'm 32). The change in diet and alternative day fasting really kicked things off for me and the weight fell.
I had a soya and lentil bolognese today with carrots and mushrooms added. A pint of soya milk tonight will see me through until tomorrow dinner time...fingers crossed grin

biscuitbasket Mon 22-May-17 18:03:05

So, managed to cycle 5 miles (commute), 20 mins yoga. Sticking to my eating between midday and 8 pm, which seems to work well for me. Hopefully will get rid of the 6 lbs to get to my goal of 8st. No running today unless I'm really inspired after dinner (this never happens...)

Loubilou09 Mon 22-May-17 20:45:53

Hi all - 1100 calories today, mostly low carb and lots of veggies, lots of water but still could do with a bit more. A few slip ups but everything logged.

Walked dog for 3 miles, had an hours hardcore session with my personal trainer this morning and did an hours HIIT class this evening - total of 900 calories burnt today on top of my maintenance calories.

If I could keep this up I will have a good week but time will tell!

Planning on running in the morning and then I have another HIIT class tomorrow night.

KeiraTwiceKnightley Mon 22-May-17 20:57:38

Mondays are a mad day for me so exercise was limited to a few mins of pressups etc this morning. Didn't even get many steps in despite running round like mad at work and since getting home. Food has bee pretty good though.

WillowWeeping Mon 22-May-17 21:31:17

I'm joining. 5'4" 10 stone 5lb.

Lost 10lb earlier this year put 5lb back on this last month. Grrr.

Starting back on it today. Really want to get to sub 10 by 5 June.

Ideal weight is 8.7 but I struggle to get much below 8.11 so let's see.

saladsmoothie Mon 22-May-17 22:55:03

Well done everyone on a great first day.

@loubilou09 that's an impressive day.

What's skinny coffee?

Well it's already Tuesday morning here. I've had a big veggie omelette for breakfast. It's so SO cold I'm not sure I can go running. I literally can't face getting undressed to put my running stuff on. I will do my strength stuff though.

lifesjoys Tue 23-May-17 05:16:49

So I was considering going vegan for a couple of weeks to kickstart my weight loss (sorry fellow vegans! I'd starve without meat long term).

Would anyone have any advice on foods to eat?? I'm literally clueless

Movingin2017 Tue 23-May-17 09:20:24

Morning everyone had a good day yesterday 850 calls low day and a gentle run (week 2 of couch to 5k). I did a week three session last time to restart running but found it tough so back to week 2. Added a couple of extra sprints in tho.
Today I'm off to a boot camp with a super fit friend and scary instructor - wish me luck!
Really enjoyed scrambled eggs and oatcakes for breakfast
salad - dress well and do a first lap near your house to discard layers when you warm up? Well done for even thinking about it as its so hard on the cold!

Xoticdreamz Tue 23-May-17 13:19:18

9 stone 4 today . I was pretty good yesterday minus the booze at a wedding right until almost at the end when I found 4 sausage rolls leapt into my mouth .
saladskinny coffee is ground coffee you can buy online or in Holland and Barrett and it's meant to aid weight loss . You have one cup a day .

lifesjoys Tue 23-May-17 14:37:31

when I found 4 sausage rolls leapt into my mouth .

Omg! This happens to me all the time yet no one believes me....just last week, a whole share size chocolate bar literally wrestled its way into my mouth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now