Talk

Advanced search

What keeps you motivated?

(6 Posts)
sheeeshh Sun 21-May-17 21:39:53

I've lost 24lbs. I need to lose the same again to get to my target.

My clothes fit so much better and I look and feel better. But, like everyone, sometimes I really struggle not to say 'fuck it' and have an entire cake and wine and burgers and chips and curry. No one has commented on my weight loss which to be honest isn't helping, despite the fact I'm doing this purely for myself. I know that sounds selfish.

I can usually keep my head and stay on track but struggling more recently. Please tell me how you keep yourself motivated in those moments of temptation blush

OP’s posts: |
revolution909 Mon 22-May-17 17:08:49

Have you thought if downloading a app like body twin or starting an Instagram account about your journey?

sheeeshh Mon 22-May-17 18:45:45

I'm not on instagram. I'm far too uncool for that grin

What's a body twin app?

OP’s posts: |
Boulshired Mon 22-May-17 19:35:52

You could throw away any clothes that are too big or anything Lycra / elasticated. Talking about peoples weight feels really awkward now so I never comment unless the person gives me the green light by telling me about their diet.

revolution909 Mon 22-May-17 19:51:01

Body twin lets you upload before and after photos, and everybody shared their daily diet / workouts

d270r0 Mon 22-May-17 20:23:19

I have subscibed to a couple of subsciption boxes (beauty, pink parcel, degustabox, graze etc.) I weigh myself every morning on very accurate scales. Every day that my BMI goes lower, even if by a tiny amount, I let myself have something from one of the boxes. And I don't peek beforehand so its always a surprise!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in