Talk

Advanced search

Anyone trying to lose weight despite sodding PCOS?

(11 Posts)
AprilSeptember Wed 17-May-17 16:32:05

Doctor says I have to lose 3-4 stonesshock

Anyone else trying to do this impossible thing?

Join me in my misery challenge.

JennyOnAPlate Fri 19-May-17 13:21:15

Yes me. I absolutely feel your pain.

I need to lose about six stone and I'm finding it really really difficult and so disheartening.

ChestyNut Fri 19-May-17 17:29:52

Me toosad
It sucks, I do better on low carb due to insulin resistance. Find low carb hard to stick too tho.

ImogenR Sat 20-May-17 00:38:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AprilSeptember Sun 21-May-17 20:12:57

I've got the Paul McKenna app but I'm starting to think it's just going to have to be gym+caloriesconfused

I'm vegan (ish) so low carb is basically impossible.

I've been googling Alli. Reckon it's worth a try?

BubbleFrog Sun 21-May-17 20:21:43

I'm in the same boat with 6 to lose. On a vlcd which is awful but the only thing that has ever helped me to lose weight with PCOS.

Dont try alli- its a waste of time IMHO!

Seriously considering surgery as it all feels so desperate.

zzzzz Sun 21-May-17 20:22:17

Have you tried taking metformin to support weight loss?

AprilSeptember Sun 21-May-17 20:22:28

What's a vlcd?

AprilSeptember Sun 21-May-17 20:25:23

HP won't give me metformin. I have had it in the past, came off it (looong story) and went back for it last week. She wouldn't prescribe it and just told me to lose weight until I was "borderline underweight", informed me this would be nigh on impossible, then did a referral to a dietician. I've made an appointment with a better different GP for a few weeks' time. I'm taking EPO, starflower, co-enzyme q10 and chromium and have just added inositol to my supplements so hopefully that will help

AprilSeptember Sun 21-May-17 20:25:39

*GP

zzzzz Sun 21-May-17 20:31:20

I would ask for metformin, and get a Fitbit to log food, and exercise. You CAN do it, and it will help enormously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now