Talk

Advanced search

Fitness/weight loss videos

(8 Posts)
tankedagain Mon 15-May-17 10:41:44

I need to lose a LOT of weight. Obviously that needs to start with eating but I would like to begin the very long process of getting fit as well, to help lose weight, and more importantly to get me fit enough to be able to enjoy keeping it off when I lose it.

So I need some free YouTube exercise videos to try out. It can't be anything that is too hard on the joints as an already have a dodgy ankle. And if the instructor is not too perky, that would be a bonus.

Any recommendations?

MirabelleTree Mon 15-May-17 11:01:45

Slightly hesitant to post this as she is a bit annoying but Leslie Sansone's walking at home videos on YouTube were a good start for me . You can get 5 minute ones, 15 minutes and so on. Basically fast walking, some waving your arms around and kicks but surprisingly effective to get you goung and you can do the 5 min one whilst boiling the kettle plus 15 mins does a saucepan of rice .

tankedagain Mon 15-May-17 12:08:00

Thank you! I will check her out. I can probably manage annoying if the exercise is the right level. Maybe focusing on the annoying will take my attention off my pain...

Sillyshell Mon 15-May-17 13:26:51

Hi

I recommend the same person every time somebody asks but I love her. Look for Jessica Smith on Youtube, I have bad knees so cant do much jumping etc and I find her walking workouts great.

They are fairly low impact but there is always an easier option to do if you do struggle with joint pain. She is a bit perky but in a nice way smile

theflickyones Mon 15-May-17 13:43:53

I've been using The Body Project on YouTube. I thought the guy was pretty cheesy to begin but he's actually quite encouraging. I've been doing the beginner cardio ones.

tankedagain Mon 15-May-17 15:27:14

Will definitely check those out. I did 15 minutes of Leslie Sansone today and think that is about the right level. She is definitely a bit too happy for someone doing exercise. I might have to be sweating but I don't want someone telling me to be happy about it. Sure there is a market for exercise instructors who brutally tell it how it is...

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Mon 15-May-17 15:35:10

I love the Fitness Blender videos on YouTube!!! Huge variety to choose from smile
Got right into doing them before I went on my holidays (and will do them again when I finally get rid of nasty bug that I caught on said holiday 🤢)

parklives Mon 15-May-17 15:46:16

Fitness blender as mentioned, lots of different ones and stretches

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now