Talk

Advanced search

Omg! I look pregnant! Never dieted before! Help!

(9 Posts)
tumpymummy Sun 14-May-17 16:40:38

As title says I need to do something about my weight. Mainly my tummy. I'm fortunate in that I've never had to watch my weight. But now I am getting close to 50 my middle has def. thickened. In winter I could kind of ignore it but I have been going through summer clothes today and all my cherished clothes no longer fit. I don't know where to start, there are so many different diets out there, where do I start? I already exercise 3 times a week so guess I need to look at diet. A friend has sworn by cutting out carbs but we eat so much bread and pasta in our house. I also think I'll be hungry if I cut out bread. But I need to do something i look pregnant!

squoosh Sun 14-May-17 16:43:12

A friend has sworn by cutting out carbs but we eat so much bread and pasta in our house.

There you have it.

Give low carb a go. All the info you need is on the Low Carb Bootcamp section.

squoosh Sun 14-May-17 16:44:57

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/low_carb_bootcamp

LorLorr2 Sun 14-May-17 16:45:19

If you do want to work on carbs, there are some good alternatives these days! You can get pasta made of different flours or swap it completely for a meal that's more like 'protein and vegetables' (salmon and broccoli, Quorn sausage and sweet potato mash etc). You can still have yummy food! Pinterest is great for ideas, type 'low carb meals' in the search bar on their website or app.

danTDM Sun 14-May-17 16:46:11

I am in the same boat as you OP
Nothing fits, am 46 was always a size 8.
V depressing.

TroysMammy Sun 14-May-17 16:49:05

Without causing too much concern, have you any unexplained symptoms like feeling full quickly after eating or stomach discomfort? If so, please see your GP. Hopefully the fact that you eat too much bread is the reason.

mathsy Sun 14-May-17 16:52:12

Slimming World! I joined a couple of months ago and I've nearly lost 1 stone.

tumpymummy Sun 14-May-17 17:04:33

No I have no stomach discomfort apart from the fact it's there! I do have a slight dairy intolerance ( I get a bit snotty, rather than tummy aches) I've had a quick look at the low carb thing. Unfortunately next boot camp isn't until 22nd may and I feel I need to address this now! I can def cut down on bread. But I guess my question is is that really the key to weight loss? Doesn't it just depend on what book you read? I guess everyone wants to know the secret!?

OwlinaTree Sun 14-May-17 18:10:57

Another vote for Slimming world from me. You can still eat all the foods you like, but obviously some of them will be measured more carefully. It's so easy to adapt for meals to it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now