Talk

Advanced search

A shame-faced return to SW, WW or the ELMM diet?

(8 Posts)
MamOfTwo Sun 14-May-17 10:59:04

Ashamed to discover I am the heaviest I have ever been. I have lost weight on both SW and WW in the past but does it really work the second (or, ahem, third, or fourth!) time around? I never really felt comfortable in the classes, I think. Or should I save money and try do it myself with the ELMM diet (Eat Less, Move More)?!

OwlinaTree Sun 14-May-17 18:27:04

Do you think you are more motivated by a group weigh in?

mam check out Richie Howie and team rh fitness on Facebook. I've tried every diet going - Sw,Ww,low carb - but I've been following team rh for nearly 3 months and losing 1-2lb every week. It's not a diet, it teaches you about nutrition and exercise.

MamOfTwo Sun 14-May-17 22:28:47

A group weigh-in worked initially but not sure if it would motivate this time - just found the whole thing a bit awkward. Will check out RH too, thank you!

tessiebear4 Sun 14-May-17 22:34:48

I'm doing My fitness pal. Information d it really changes my habits. I'm too ashamed to trough unhealthy snacks when I have to write them down!

tessie me too. It's all good eating half a pack of hobnobs until you have to log them 😂

Emmie412 Mon 15-May-17 14:26:59

I recently had a same discovery - heavier than I have ever been and it finally sank in. As sad as it sounds, there's no point to go on a diet and then return to old ways once the goal has been achieved. I just have to understand that I simply cannot have treats, wine etc. ALL THE TIME without them showing. My metabolism simply isn't the same. Occasional isn't every day and not even every week. Yes, it sucks.

So I have done the unthinkable and put the wine back in the cupboard, sorted out my diet with MFP and simply making the right choices and drinking lots of water/herbal tea and dusted my running shoes. I'm on my 5th week without wine or treats and I feel really good. I've lost 6lbs so far and all the exercise I am doing is slowly starting to show.

I had to tell my husband very clearly why I was doing all of the above and luckily he has been very supportive.

MamOfTwo Mon 15-May-17 17:26:27

Lots of recommendations for MFP, think I must download it! Is it basically a calorie counting app? I have a Fitbit so hopefully the two together should help. You are totally right Emmie, I too have to accept I cannot eat treats all the time. Sigh. Also I feel so much better when I don't eat a lot of bread so need to keep an eye on that too. Thank you, everyone for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now