Talk

Advanced search

Motivation?!

(7 Posts)
sexymuthafunker Wed 10-May-17 13:57:29

Am wondering if those of you who have managed to loose large amounts of weight can answer a couple of questions I have:

1. How do you count calories easily? I don't feel there is enough time in the day to look up each thing I eat and work out how many calories it contains.

2. How did you get and stay motivated? I start the week with good intentions then someone (DH / friends) buys a bottle of wine or bar of chocolate and I feel like I've failed again.

3. What excersise did you do?

4. How long did it take you to loose how much?

Thanks! flowers

charimito Wed 10-May-17 15:42:16

1- I only guesstimate it has worked so far. (just looking at the packaging). O also always eat the same mon-fri so that helps! (breakfast, lunch and snacks dinner I make whatever I feel I like as long as the portions are smallish and its somewhat "healthy")

2- I was never slim/fit and we're hoping on holiday with friends (one of them is a gym rat and I'm competitive)

3- I mostly run and do some strength training, just started with yoga. Total I would say I train around 9 hours a week

4- six months 3st total, 4-5 dress sizes smile

Candlelightnewf Wed 10-May-17 15:56:46

I'm watch with interest here as I can never stick to anything for more than a week or two.

I have however signed up for a half marathon in September. I haven't been able to run before - too fat, wheezy and shin splint nightmare!

It might be totally mad but I'm hoping it will serve as motivation and help me to watch my diet too.

I can't be bothered to mess around with calories and points. I'm just trying to cut back and use mindful eating.

UpOnDown Wed 10-May-17 18:16:49

1 - I use myfitnesspal, but tend to eat the same food over and over so it's easy to log.

2 - I weigh daily so I can see the trend. I eat 6 times a day, small things so although I feel hungry, it's not too long until I can eat something.

3 - very limited, I'm a wheelchair user. Weight loss is mostly about diet.

4 I lost 4.5 stone over a year, but put 3.5 back on while I was unwell.

charimito Wed 10-May-17 20:13:40

@candlelight I believe the standard time from couch to HM is 6 months. However it took me 4 months, so it can definitely be done in less time. I think you should aim to get to 5k and aim to add a mile every week

Candlelightnewf Wed 10-May-17 21:07:55

Yikes charimito! Now I'm worried. I downloaded a 20 week to HM plan so just thought I'd follow that.
Hope I can do it!
Thanks for the advice.

charimito Wed 10-May-17 21:13:58

Don't mind me! I didn't follow plan at all I just did it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now