Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Beating the cravings?

(6 Posts)
LoveForTulips Fri 28-Apr-17 17:09:04

So, I am a self confessed, and Dr diagnosed - sugar addict.
I have cut down, I no longer eat sweets, chocolate, crisps, drinks other than water or milk. I now eat three healthy main meals a day, and my snack will be banana, grapes or yogurts.
I've been following my new healthier lifestyle since February now, i'm very slowly losing weight, feel better etc... but i'm trying very damn hard not to raid the chocolate cupboard.

My question is, how can I beat my cravings, and break the weakening willpower?
There is obviously more to my story than this, but its long and boring.
Help, anyone?!

WeddingsAreStressful Sat 29-Apr-17 18:51:01

Some other people on here have recommended low carb? Maybe not completely right away, just try to cut down? Apparently pasta/bread gets metabolized the same way as sugar (or sth like that) and they're almost as bad as sugar. I've quit added sugars and my cravings are not so bad anymore (also I'm dieting and counting calories, the number of calories in sweets puts me right off). I do try to stay away from pasta/bread/rice (not entirely though) and it's working so far.

WeddingsAreStressful Sat 29-Apr-17 18:51:58

Also - bananas and grapes are super super sweet, try replacing them with berries/grapefruit etc

thegoodnameshadgone Sat 29-Apr-17 19:00:01

Don't know if this will help but also do some bars for walking. They are protein based and made from prunes or figs or Similar but the cocoa ones are nice. They are 200 cals but depending on what else you eat during the day half a bar might itch the scratch.

thegoodnameshadgone Sat 29-Apr-17 19:00:12

Aldi not also

LoveForTulips Sun 30-Apr-17 14:25:03

Thanks guys!
I try not to each so much of the grapes and bananas, but I guess it gets my sweet tooth!
I'll try cutting the carbs down, pasta is still regular on our meal plan, so will try swapping that out and see if it makes a difference! Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now