Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding and weight loss (or not)

(1 Post)
Esker Fri 28-Apr-17 12:20:47

My baby is now 4 months old, and I am exclusively breastfeeding. I'm still about 4kg over my pre pregnancy weight. This isn't a huge amount, but it's enough to mean that I don't fit into my regular jeans and trousers, and I'd really prefer to shift it.

For the first few weeks after the birth I just indulged and enjoyed myself. After about 6 weeks, I began eating more healthily- not an actual diet, but just watching portion sizes, saying no to cake, etc. My weight stayed firmly at 58kg, so after a few weeks of the healthy eating I just decided to eat whatever I wanted, as I wasn't making any progress with weight loss so didn't see the point.

I then had about 6 more weeks eating more indulgently, all the time weight staying stable at 58 kg. Now I've been eating healthy again for about a week, and incorporating some exercise, and still staying at 58kg!! I seems that, no matter what I do, I don't lose (or gain)!

I have come to conclude that my body has a 'breastfeeding weight' that is stubbornly wants to maintain, and is impervious to my efforts to change this.

Anyone else have a similar experience? And if so, please tell me that once you stopped breastfeeding, the excess weight dropped off?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now