Talk

Advanced search

JOIn me in a stop the nibbling and snacking campaign?

(3 Posts)
Shurleyshummishtake Fri 28-Apr-17 07:07:34

Not specifically about weight loss but I eat so healthily but about 60% completely pointlessly

The evenings are the worst

So I wondered if anyone else fancied a bit of dedicated proper eating, and noting what we have and when we crumble for support

I can't seem to tolerate hunger.
If I'm travelling home at end of the day and I'm hungry, even if I've pre prepared tea and it will take seconds to heat up, I will eat anything I have on me and even pullover to buy something (did this last night and ate two apples from the garage!)

So prepping doesn't always help me

I nibble and pick and searchfood out and eat little bits of things as if that doesn't then count

I'm sure I need to enforce mindful eating and sitting properly for meals and learn to tolerate feeling hungry and know I won't starve!

Anyone else similar?

WeddingsAreStressful Sat 29-Apr-17 18:54:41

I'm the same, I hate hunger and tend to snack loads. Trying to lose weight and the only thing that's helped is not to allow myself ANY snacking at all. 3 meals a day - that's it. Snacking just doesn't work for me because I know I can't stop. Afternoons are the worst for me tbh.

SexandDrugsandaNiceCuppa Sat 29-Apr-17 20:11:57

Oh yes, me too. I can mindlessly graze my way through crisps, nuts, sweets, chocolate and anything else to hand, even when I'm not remotely hungry, and, shamefully, when I know full well that I'm going to be scoffing a meal within an hour or so. I think it's boredom in my case, (and shocking willpower).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now