Talk

Advanced search

Tummy tuck/rectus diastasis repair

(3 Posts)
Robbobemmo Fri 21-Apr-17 11:47:47

If anyone is thinking about a tummy tuck operation/repairing rectus muscles I am happy to share my story! I only had it done yesterday but can share before photos, info about procedure and after photos!! Nearly everyone I have read about has been happy with results so I am 100% hopeful....the first
Photo was taken around 1 year after 3rd baby and second 2 yesterday afternoon in hospital just before.

TheVeryHungryDieter Fri 21-Apr-17 11:55:45

I was reading up about it just yesterday. That looks like me, but I'm fatter. I feel better fatter to be honest, because the fat goes from my waist but not my tummy and when I weigh about half a stone less, strangers leap up to give me their seats on the train, which is embarrassing.

How much did it cost, and how did you go about finding the right surgeon for you?

Robbobemmo Fri 21-Apr-17 16:07:09

It has been really difficult actually and still is as I moved from Bristol to France 3 years ago and only at conversational level French! Definitely not medical speak level! I saw 2 surgeons and went with the older, more experienced one who could also speak better English. I'm not sure about the cost yet as the system out here is very different. Some of it is covered under general french healthcare and the rest €1700 we have to pay when we leave but we think we can claim it back under DH's company healthcare. I'm very lucky if that does happen as I think in the U.K. They just see the whole operation as cosmetic which is crazy because if your muscles are split then it can effect your posture, core issues, back problems??!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now