Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight for fertility treatment. Anyone else?

(4 Posts)
Pugmummy87 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:55:49

I've been TTC on and off for 5 years, the last 2 years we have been 'actively' ttc. I also have pcos.

I've always been a bigger girl, I managed to lose about 4st in weight a few years ago but it soon all crept back on.
My problem is I treat food as emotional support. If I feel sad, I eat, if I feel good about something, it's a meal out to celebrate! I'm also a carb/sugar addict.

Anyway, I had my first appt at the hospital two weeks ago to start investigations as to why we can't concieve. Doctor says my bmi is 37 and I need to at least get it down to below 35 before they will start me on clomid.

I've been doing some research and it seems that a low carb, high fat diet works well with women with pcos, so I'm looking to start.

Is there anyone else out there who is in the same boat with needing to lose weight for fertility treatment?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 18-Apr-17 19:58:28

Yes, you could be my twin! But I have to get below 30 because it's ICSI or bust for us (DP is infertile).

What are you doing diet etc wise? I'm currently eating All The Chocolate and feeling sorry myself.

Pugmummy87 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:47:29

Hi vivienne!

Sorry to hear you need ICSI, but also nice to know I'm not the only one needing to lose weight.

Ideally I would like to get to bmi below 30, but I'm focusing on the 35 mark at the moment. Less pressure on myself!

At the moment, I am also eating all the chocolate! I plan to start a low carb, high fat diet tomorrow. Which will feel strange to me as all I've ever done is low fat diets before.
What are you planning to do?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 18-Apr-17 21:42:56

Slimming World. I need to pull my finger out. I've been languishing like this for too long! That and the dog needs lots more walks....! In all seriousness, I need routine and filling food or I slip back into terrible habits.

What does a day on your diet look like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now