Talk

Advanced search

Small amount to lose but want support?

(659 Posts)
NewYearNewNickname Tue 18-Apr-17 08:04:55

Just weighed in after a couple of short breaks. I was allowing myself to eat / drink what I wanted and knew it would result in a gain which is fine but just feel I need to get straight on to losing it.

I am 5ft 5, 43 years old and this morning weigh 10st 4.6lbs. I want to lost at least half a stone, ideally 9lbs.

I know there are obviously lots of other threads available but often people have longer term goals on them. I started a "less than a stone" thread before and it was quite busy so thought I'd give it a go again smile

SlaveToDisney Tue 18-Apr-17 08:09:50

Yes please i have been on a lose a stone diet since january i have lost 7lbs so need at least another 7lbs to hit my target juat cant seem to manage it though.

acornsandnuts Tue 18-Apr-17 08:15:18

I'll join you. I eat well through the week but my downfall is weekends. Zero will power and a husband who loves pub lunches and coffe and cake. and he's thin..twat.

I've crept up from 9stone to 9st 11. I would love to lose the 11 before summer holidays.

Gamtanner Tue 18-Apr-17 08:23:26

I'm in. 5ft 7 and 10st 5. I would like to get back to 9st 10 and remove the 2 inches that have grown on my waist making my jeans unbearably tight sad

theflickyones Tue 18-Apr-17 08:25:30

Hello, I'll join in too. I've got just under a stone to get rid of.
Was doing well with the first stone but it's all slowed down now so I've lost the motivation a wee bit.

BigGreenOlives Tue 18-Apr-17 08:33:50

Please can I join you?

I would like to lose 7lbs and am 10st 3lbs. I was doing ok, I gave up chocolate for March as part of Dechox but have managed to regain what I lost with Easter & the school holidays. So back to no chocolate tomorrow & back to lighter lunches with no children around.

MsGameandWatch Tue 18-Apr-17 08:35:06

I will join, same here with small amount to lose but my build and height is such that even half a stone makes a difference and makes me look like a barrel!

Lorikeet Tue 18-Apr-17 10:24:29

I'll join too! I'm 66.6kgs (10.5st). I'd like to be 56kgs - one day. It doesn't sound like much but I'm shortish so I'm looking like a beach ball. 5kgs would make a huge difference to how I look. 10kgs even better.

ppeatfruit Tue 18-Apr-17 14:47:09

I've done this with no problems, I wasn't really trying! I can help if anyone's interested! (i'm not selling anything either).

Ecureuil Tue 18-Apr-17 14:49:49

Yes! I'm 10.5 stone, want to lose a stone by July.

Lilybensmum1 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:53:44

Me too, I would like to loose about 10 pounds to make me around 9 and half stone. I know what I need to do I'm just a bit lazy. I'm 40 in August so would love to be at my goal by then, would also like to eat a bit healthier and gain some energy too, I'm always knackered and I'm sure it's diet related.

BendingSpoons Tue 18-Apr-17 14:57:45

I'd like to lose half a stone (a stone would be even better!). Currently 11 stone 4 and 5 foot 10. I have no willpower to diet but have previously been reasonable with exercise. Since having a baby (over a year ago now!) I'm finding it hard to fit in.

BendingSpoons Tue 18-Apr-17 14:58:33

Forgot to say my brother gets married in August so aiming to do so by then.

tinydancer88 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:01:49

Me too! I've been trying to lose a bit since before Christmas, and it STILL hasn't happened. I'm 9st 4lbs and would like to be between 8 and a half and 9 stone.

Chocolatecake12 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:05:33

Can I please join in? I'm 5'4" and my weight has crept up to 10st 12.oz.
Really could do with loosing a stone but I'd settle for 10 lbs before end of July when I go on holiday.
Not sure how I'm going to cope with all the Easter chocolate that's in my house though.
I really need some help and inspiration.

ppeatfruit Tue 18-Apr-17 15:06:41

Ok grin This is for good health rather than weight loss but as I said I lost well over stone when I did this. !

1. Cut out caffienated drinks (esp. if you OD on them). drink loads of water and or green\mint teas. esp. when you feel hungry.

2. Don't mix carbs and proteins at the same meal. So a large salad with turkey slices. Or salmon and large portion of broccoli and or green beans. If you crave toast have it (preferably pure rye) with marmite and salad.

3. Eat slowly and mindfully and when you're hungry . Stop when you're full.

4. Eat fruit on an empty stomach , for breakfast not for dessert.

Piratesandpants Tue 18-Apr-17 15:07:50

Yes please! 7 lbs to lose asapsmile

nigelforgotthepassword Tue 18-Apr-17 15:11:17

Me please! I half half a stone to lose (that I've been trying to lose for years and haven't managed)...

Joinourclub Tue 18-Apr-17 15:13:23

Count me in. I am 10 stone 1 today and I'm looking to get under 9 1/2 stone by late June. Step number one is to lay off the booze. Step number two is to lay off the chocolate.

ppeatfruit Tue 18-Apr-17 15:13:41

Warning, if you do have a lot of caffeine, stopping it can give you a headache so best to start when you can rest. I had a terrible head for one day. The green tea will help the withdrawal symptoms!

Oh and I didn't up my exercise quotient either.

Ahardmanisgoodtofind Tue 18-Apr-17 15:16:54

Can i join?
Getting married in September and ideally would like to loose a stone by then
Currently weigh 10st but at 5"2 i look like a barrel.

BusterTheBulldog Tue 18-Apr-17 15:20:00

Can I join too please? I am 11stone (massive wake up call!) and would like to be about 10.2.

Have started a 21 day challenge today but already slipped and eaten quavers! No chocolate though which is reault

TheLittleFoxes Tue 18-Apr-17 15:28:41

Hello - I'm almost identical to you, OP. Same height and age but currently weighing in at 10 stone 7.5 lbs. I started Slimming World a few weeks ago. My target weight is 9 stone 12. Is live to get down to 9 and a half stones but I think that may be too ambitious.

I've been doing so well but the Easter holidays have knocked me off kilter and I ate A LOT of chocolate on Sunday.

Fintress Tue 18-Apr-17 15:33:34

Zero will power and a husband who loves pub lunches and coffe and cake. and he's thin

This! Count me in

acornsandnuts Tue 18-Apr-17 15:38:17

My plan is to cut out shitty carbs, I have a crisp addiction which is my big downfall. Cut back on booze, a couple of glasses of wine most nights has become the norm so saving it for a Saturday night only. I love vegetables so I'm going to look for some tasty filling lunches. I know snacking is bad but I am a grazer by habit so finding healthy snacks that I don't feel that I am depriving my self of nice stuff.

And more exercise, I am a fair weather cyclist but I think I'm going to invest in decent wind and wet proof gear and just get out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now