Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get rid of tummy overhang

(5 Posts)
SuffolkingGrand Sun 09-Apr-17 07:09:08

After a twin c section 10 yrs ago and another birth nearly a year ago, my Humpty Dumpty round tummy overhang is showing no signs of disappearing anytime soon and neither is my spare tyre. I am in SW anyway with a mission to lose 4 stone by the end of this year but is there anything else which I can be doing to target this stubborn belly fat? I run fairly regularly and have just started doing yoga but this round dumpy low saggy tummy just depresses me.

TheOriginalChatelaine Sun 09-Apr-17 09:00:33

Keep going with your plan. Accept the fact that you cannot target weight loss on a particular area. You can however gradually strengthen your core muscles so that when you lose the fat from around your middle you will be more toned. I had 2 stone to lose. One down and one to go. I was and am carrying fat around my middle but it is gradually shifting. Stay motivated and care enough for yourself to carry on and you will see results.

SuffolkingGrand Sun 09-Apr-17 12:54:01

That's just the practical advice I needed, thank you! I know l just need to keep at it and make sure my exercise is regular and maintained: hopefully the better weather will help so I can get out for a run more regularly. Hopefully the yoga will help core and maybe I should start looking at swimming or something else too. I know that avoiding bread and carbs like pasta (despite what SW says about pasta) tends to help. I just need to keep it up....
smile

Strongbeatsskinny Sun 09-Apr-17 17:02:16

If your weight training then it may be muscle but you don't state that in your exercise regimen. I'd go off how clothes feel and what you look like in the mirror. Look back on photos that's always a good way to compare body size especially if you do a front shot back and sideways view at say monthly intervals

Ohyesiam Sun 09-Apr-17 17:14:28

The blood sugar diet targets eighths around the waist and middle. I've lost over a stone, entirely of my middle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now