Talk

Advanced search

Please, please help!!

(5 Posts)
Ollyoscar18 Sat 08-Apr-17 14:02:53

Please can someone help me to find a way through the mess I'm in. I've become morbidly obese, my dad is dying, have 3 disabled dc (2 are also very overweight). One dc is autistic so won't eat "healthy" foods at all. Another dc needs high fat, high calorie foods for a separate medical condition which means that I have to have tempting foods in the house. I'm comfort eating and the 3rd dc is following suit. It's a complete mess. I feel so physically and emotionally unwell. What can I do?

MrsDustyBusty Sat 08-Apr-17 14:05:33

Do you have any respite or access to help?

fruitbats Sat 08-Apr-17 14:07:40

Have you looked into a low carb high fat way of eating Olly. It is really easy and not many rules. It will also fit around your DC. Plenty of veg, meat and doesn't feel deprivation. Just add in extra fruit for the DC. Good luck thanks

fruitbats Sat 08-Apr-17 14:09:11

And I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I know how terrible the loss of a loved one is.

CaptainHarville Sun 09-Apr-17 00:26:05

I think you need support because of the challenges you're faced with. Sorry about your Dad. I know I would struggle to have the unhealthy food in the house. Could you meal plan for your DC who needs the high calorie food and then buy enough for those meals. Then you could think of their food as medicine rather than food. How old is the 3rd DC and why are they comfort eating?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now