Talk

Advanced search

Kettle bells

(4 Posts)
sexymuthafunker Wed 05-Apr-17 09:09:45

Anyone used these? I am thinking of trying them out as I like the idea of cardio as weights at the same time...Can anyone recommend a good intro DVD to using them? What weight should I buy to start?
hmm

Venella Fri 07-Apr-17 11:42:00

When I first got curious about kettlebells, I looked up random beginner kettlebells videos on youtube, eventually watched a lot by someone called Zuzka Light. Her body/fitness level/dedication/nutrition/body ideal or whatever and mine are worlds apart but I do like her style.
I went to a few kettlebell classes in the gym before daring to practice by myself. The most important aspect I think is learning correct form and posture to avoid injury or long-term damage, I don't think I would have managed that merely by watching videos (having never done any sort of lifting before).
I think I started with 5kg but 'outgrew' that quickly.
Been a lazy git lately, toying with the idea of getting back to kettle bells (which for some reason isn't as effective as actually doing it!) – I'm taking your post as a "sign"!

sandymcallister Fri 07-Apr-17 11:45:01

Come join LisaAlexander's tribe! Flex has cardio classes with weights!

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Fri 07-Apr-17 13:57:33

LOVE kettle bells. Literally the only type of exercise I enjoy. I used to go to a class but haven't been since DCs but I know most of the moves and recently started this workout:

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/kettlebell-exercises-0%3Famp

You do two or three circuits.

But YT would be good if you aren't familiar with the moves or if that method of training works for you.

DO IT! (cyber fist bump!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now