Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me with this? Food related

(10 Posts)
Purplerainbow Mon 03-Apr-17 12:39:42

I'm not overweight but struggle with my belly. Have been weighing roughly 8st 7 at lightest and flitters too close to 9 for my liking.

Iv just come back from a week in Spain all inclusive and I have lost weight. I'm 8st 5 which I'm very pleased with. My belly looks the best it has in ages. Not bloated at all. My problem is I need to maintain this and I need help in how I can? If I show you what I ate can anyone help me to work out a rough plan what to eat now I'm home? I'm vegetarian and there wasn't a great range so I ended up eating the same thing every day... which I don't want to do at home obviously.

Breakfast was 2 fried eggs and a spoonful of beans followed by different melons and kiwi.

Lunch salad, bean sprouts, grated carrot, sometimes tuna, or avocado if they had it.

Dinner was same as lunch with the salads, then odd but if fish or I had paella aswell. Followed sometimes by melon.

I drank loads of water but I do at home. I did drink every night aswell? I didn't do much excercise other than lots of stairs up and down to the hotel room as it was quite big.

Now the food wasn't ideal in terms of I wS sometimes concerned about protein at dinner time. I don't eat like this every day at home obviously. I cook mostly from scratch but we will hAve pasta, risotto, roast, that sort of thing? I eat a lot of quorn at home but obviously didn't have any whilst I was away. I don't want to make different meals but then the kids won't want salad every day!! Can anyone help me pls??

Purplerainbow Mon 03-Apr-17 18:23:06

Hopeful bump

TheOriginalChatelaine Mon 03-Apr-17 20:22:31

You don't mention eating bread or baked goods on holiday. Do you eat bread at home? Maybe that accounts for it. Lower carbs.

QuiteLikely5 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:25:48

The key here is you have not been eating sugar or processed foods.

Well done! Keep it up

hugoagogo Mon 03-Apr-17 20:28:17

No idea, but please don't say you are vegetarian and then eat fish.

Jaimx86 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:53:16

Could it be beacause you relaxed on
holiday. I always lose weight on holiday and put it down to lower stress levels.

Purplerainbow Mon 03-Apr-17 20:56:42

I don't have bread very often at home no as it gives me stomach ache and bloating. I didn't have any bread other than a little roll on flight on way home. Yes you're right about processed.... didnt think of that. Despite cooking as much as from scratch from home I do use some ready made sauces.

It wasn't a relaxing holiday due to ds1 (another story!) I wonder, what can I use on salads to make them taste abit different? I didnt add any dressings at all but they must have something on them as they weren't plain? I'm not sure what though? What other meals could I do though that makes it not boring and can intigrate with the kids meals??

knockedover Mon 03-Apr-17 20:59:20

Well done, you are well x but vegetarians don't eat fish,

TheOriginalChatelaine Mon 03-Apr-17 21:26:40

Stir fries. I don't know if the rest of your family is vegetarian but the prep would be about the same.

Purplerainbow Mon 03-Apr-17 21:52:34

I do stir fry once a week.... would the noodles be ok? I didn't have any potatoes At all. They are a carb aren't they? Love potatoes but they do give me stomach ache?

No the kids do eat meat but prob only 50% of the time at the most due to cost and ease. They have quorn for example when making bolognase etc and quorn pieces in stir fry etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now