Talk

Advanced search

Does it really take a week to lose a pound but only a day to put it back on?

(4 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Mon 03-Apr-17 08:52:57

I've been using MFP (plus exercise) since Jan and have managed to lose a stone (one more stone to go). I'd been steadily losing a pound a week which is great, but last weekend it was a friend's birthday and I had two days of basically living on cake and wine. blush

I didn't weigh myself immediately after last weekend but weighed myself this morning and I've put on two pounds. I know it's not the end of the world but it's really disheartening that a two weeks of hard work can be undone in two days. angry

acornsandnuts Mon 03-Apr-17 08:55:51

Isn't it 3500 calories per pound on and off? So a good cake chips and wine day would certainly go a long way to putting on.

yummycake123 Mon 03-Apr-17 08:56:28

Yes...at least that happens to me too. It took me 3 months to lose 5kg, but have put on 3kg in a month! It's depressing. I have to watch what I eat constantly. If I "relax" and start eating the wrong things (not stuffing my face but for example having more carbs, etc) I put on weight very quickly.

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 03-Apr-17 09:09:33

Yes me too. Since I've been in my 40s I've realised that I basically need to eat less than I want to every single day otherwise I'll gradually get bigger and bigger. It is very depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now