Talk

Advanced search

Hypnotic Gastric Band

(6 Posts)
ShuttyTown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:12:23

Anyone ever done this? Any success stories?

foamybananasweets Tue 11-Apr-17 23:14:54

I did it a month ago. I definitely made better choices for the first week or so. I cut out chocolate for the first time ever without even thinking about it! (Was eating 3+ bars a day) I slipped quickly back into old habits, but I do have more willpower. I'm going to go back again.

Tilliii Wed 12-Apr-17 12:46:46

I did it years ago and what it gave me was a strong feeling of when i had had enough (not full) and satisfied. Its hard to describe but there is just a feeling in the top of my tummy that lets me know that i have had enough food to be satisfied. I can override it if i want but food is no longer as enjoyable after that feeling. I dont gain weight as I also do mindful eating.

JaneEyre70 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:53:42

I tried CBT and it worked really well but you have to commit to going regularly. I found once a week was great, go past that and it all just whooshes out your head. And at £45 a time, it was an expensive way to lose weight tbh. Long term it didn't work for me at all.

Miniwookie Sun 16-Apr-17 17:23:56

Yes I did it and loved it. Lost weight eating what I wanted and without feeling anxious about food. You need to listen to it regularly though. I didn't and eventually the crappy habits and weight crept back on. I'm going to dig it out and start again. I also found listening to the cd v relaxing.

Miniwookie Sun 16-Apr-17 17:24:51

*I did the Paul McKenna one I should add. I realise others do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now