Talk

Advanced search

Bulletproof coffee

(6 Posts)
Notsandwiches Thu 23-Mar-17 11:39:20

I've read about this. Does it work? Does it taste ok?

mj1986 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:11:54

I'm a big fan of Bulletproof Coffee. I drank it as part of the intermittent fasting diet and lost a stone in a month! Basically you drink a cup instead of having breakfast, and then you only eat between 2pm and 8pm. The fasting aspect means your body stays in a fat burning state so the results are speedy.

I did eat well during this time (so a diet high in vegetables, protein and good carbs e.g. sweet potato) and would have lost weight as a result regardless, but drinking the coffee definitely sped up the process.

I would say I normally lose a pound a week if I eat a clean diet like this (slow and steady), but with Bulletproof Coffee I would lose around three pounds a week quite easily. Definitely try the branded version though as it's the Upgraded Octane Oil that worked for me - not the coconut oil copycat

Notsandwiches Thu 23-Mar-17 20:55:56

Thanks mk will check that out. I've ordered some oil to make my own premium c8 mct - hope it's the right stuff!

mj1986 Thu 23-Mar-17 21:22:04

You can get the Upgraded Octane Oil and coffee on uk.bulletproof.com/ . The grass fed, unsalted butter is available in most supermarkets. I get mine from Waitrose - either Kerrygold or Yeo Valley taste good!

Notsandwiches Thu 23-Mar-17 21:26:05

Thanks mk. Use yeo valley anyway.

Loubilou09 Thu 23-Mar-17 22:31:32

Mj1986 if I get the starter kit with the beans do I need a coffee maker to grind the beans? I only ever drink instant coffee...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now