Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I don't know how to exercise without becoming ravenously hungry

(10 Posts)
ashestopictures Sun 19-Mar-17 22:43:20

I can control what I eat and eat healthily when I don't do any exercise. But as soon as I start exercising, I lose control of what I eat because my appetite goes through the roof. Meals are not enough. Follow up healthy snacks after meals are not enough. Then it turns to carbs - pretzels, nuts, and then when I'm still hungry, chocolate. And then I put on weight.

And I think what's the bloody point in exercising anyway when I only gain more weight doing it?

What's the answer? How do I sort this out?

delilahbucket Sun 19-Mar-17 22:46:15

Protein is your answer. If I up my protein I'm less hungry.

ashestopictures Sun 19-Mar-17 22:54:53

is this why people drink protein shakes?

user1486669405 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:38:15

I know what you mean, although over time with the fitter I've got, I'm not as bad. I've not really entered the exercise world to lose weight though, so haven't pursued a solution and therefore have not lost weight...however I look tonnes better naked!

00100001 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:40:23

No people drink protein shakes to help muscle growth.

user1482079332 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:13:08

Catch 22 more your exercise the more your body wants to retain weight. Protein shakes are just another form of protein, if you like your food pick a protein rich food instead. Are there any healthy snacks you could try and fill up on?

RiverdaleJughead Wed 22-Mar-17 18:38:33

Have you tried Lean in 15 it focuses more on carbs after exercise because hunger is often due to lack of energy and the carbs help with this x

KatieKaboom Wed 22-Mar-17 21:11:50

Protein. +1

KindDogsTail Wed 22-Mar-17 21:16:47

There is a book called The Appetite Solution
www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Solution-Weight-Effortlessly-Hungry-ebook/dp/B00DB3A5C6?tag=mumsnetforum-21
He specifically suggests people are very careful not to exercise too much at the beginning. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much more.

I think it can be quite common to feel the way you do.

KindDogsTail Wed 22-Mar-17 21:17:56

Sorry - not clear: people should not exercise at first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now