Talk

Advanced search

excess skin... help me!!

(5 Posts)
ahtj15 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:41:39

basically my son is 2 years old and I have Terrible excess skin. I'm a size 10 and weigh 8 stone 12 but this skin is awful. I exercise daily and it just won't budge. does anyone have any tips for me or suggestions on why it won't budge?

twobambinos Thu 23-Mar-17 13:58:15

I'm sorry if this is unhelpful, but have you been checked for muscle separation by a physio?

QueenCassiopeia Fri 24-Mar-17 09:45:48

From experience real excess skin can't be gotten rid of any other way than surgery- although exercise and creams/dema rolling can have minimal effects. Agree with pp though you appear to have diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles) which is quite common after pregnancy (I had this after my first) with some specific core exercises these should come back together, but some regular exercises can put strain on them and actually make it worse. Hope this helps. (I myself am a proud owner of excess skin after several pregnancies!) good luck op flowers

MerryMarigold Fri 24-Mar-17 09:49:38

Not sure that is diastasis recti as OP belly's button looks ok (it is this muscle which pulls the belly button in). I have diastasis recti and no have horrible outy belly button. But it is odd how it's in 2 'slabs'. You can ask your GP for surgery, OP, as it is so pronounced - but good luck with that.

QueenCassiopeia Fri 24-Mar-17 09:58:18

Merry Yes I see what you mean- my separation didn't cause an outy belly button but was only realised because I was suffering from chronic nerve pain if I bent down too fast etc. Best bet is to see the GP I reckon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now