Talk

Advanced search

Chromium: anyone taken this to suppress appetite or lose weight?

(7 Posts)
MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Sat 18-Mar-17 15:39:48

I read that chromium could possibly help with food cravings, and also with the metabolism of fat. So I gave it a go and have been taking it for a couple of weeks. It appears that I've dropped a couple of pounds.Plus, my appetite has decreased somewhat. A coupe of pounds doesn't sound a great deal, I realise, but as someone who practically has to remove a body part to lose weight - this is big grin

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried chromium and whether it had any effect on your weigh/appetite? Positive or negative.

Loubilou09 Thu 23-Mar-17 06:55:40

Yes it's well know to control blood sugars! I take it regularly and have recently given a bottle to a friend of mine and she has reported it has helped massively with sweet cravings!

MountainDweller Wed 29-Mar-17 23:42:08

Sorry for the late reply - I have taken it before and I think it helped but I can't remember how much I took. I have seen suggested 200mg morning and 200mg at lunch. How much are you taking?

MrJohnsonAteMyCustard Tue 11-Apr-17 15:01:47

Oops - slightly delayed response here. I'm taking 200mg twice a day. After the initial reduction in cravings, my appetite now seems to be out of control grin Mind you, that may be because I've upped the gym work a tad. I'll keep taking it and hope things settle down.

MountainDweller Fri 14-Apr-17 23:31:42

Good luck with it, I'm going to try too, and try to make sure I take it! Remembering the second dose is the problem...

Miniwookie Sun 16-Apr-17 17:13:03

Sounds interesting. I'm going to give it a go I think.

twoandahalftimesthree Sun 16-Apr-17 17:32:08

cinnamon is also supposed to be good for stabilising blood sugar. I often have a pukka cinnamon tea in the afternoon when i have an energy slump- it might be placebo effect but it usually perks me up and stops me snacking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now