Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to lose weight after having a baby?

(7 Posts)
buckyou Tue 14-Mar-17 11:53:08

My baby is nearly a month old. I put on about 2.5 stone with this baby and have lost a good stone and a half already but my fighting weight is 9.7 and I'm currently 10.10.

Anyone else? I'm not really doing much at the mo but hoping to start going to gym soon and hoping if I don't stuff my face the weight should come off as I'm BF?

gaaahhhh Thu 16-Mar-17 19:19:05

Congrats on the baby! My friend lost tons of weight by cutting out sugar, breastfeeding and walking everywhere. She ate enough though - Didn't undereat or diet.

gaaahhhh Thu 16-Mar-17 19:20:24

I also have a baby. Or toddler now! And wish I started trying to lose the weight when he was younger. I'm 10'10st now and 5'5 so would love to get down to 9 stone and then maybe 8 and a half.

strugglingmama1985 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:47:39

My baby is nine and a half months old. I had an awful pregnancy and I only put on four kilos (around 9/10 lbs? I don't know the maths because I'm a bit rubbish). I've more than made up for it afterwards though. I was on bed rest and therefore cut off from junk. Now that I'm footloose and fancy free so to speak, I gorge/binge nearly every day. The thing is I was obese to begin with and now I'm a grand 85 kilos (187 lbs or thereabouts) and I'm only 5 feet tall. I also (probably) suffer from depression and the weight thing/binge eating thing isn't helping. I'm trying to get myself out of bad habits. I do breastfeed.
I'm looking for some kind of easy to manage eating system that I can do at home which isn't going to cost me any extra money (I work part time and earn very little) which allows me to continue nursing but also to lose the weight. I need to lose 4 stone.

OP, I hope I haven't hijacked the original intention of your post. I wrote here because I also want to lose weight, have a baby. I'm not sure I can qualify mine as baby-weight though. It's mostly trauma weight and lack-of-self-control weight! But I do have a baby and have similar obligations to maintain while trying to lose the weight!

gaaahhhh Fri 17-Mar-17 19:24:12

Can you get a Paul McKenna CD/book from Amazon? He teaches you to stop eating when full. Really helped me to only eat when hungry and stop when full.

abigwideworld Tue 21-Mar-17 20:13:01

Hi congrats on the baby! I've got a 4 month old and am trying to lose weight, I'm also BF. Just ordered the Paul McKenna books to refresh myself on that but trying his app too.

crumble82 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:22:28

I have a 10 week old baby and need to lose 7kg. I've recently bought the Davina 'fit in 15' DVD. I'm always knackered at the end of the cardio workout so hoping i'll start shifting the weight soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now