Talk

Advanced search

Chinese takeaway and increased heart rate

(7 Posts)
RiverdaleJughead Tue 07-Mar-17 01:40:33

Okay so I've been on a really good healthy eating / excercise regime for about 4 weeks now - I'm already slim so am just aiming to increase fitness/ lose a little tum/ tone up and I'm young too ( 22) so feel like this is the easiest time for it. I've already lost half a stone - plus an inch on each thigh and half an inch on arms!!!- and have been really enjoying it.
After a successful week (6x gym session and eating really well) I decided to cave and treat myself to the Chinese I've been craving for a fortnight. Well I'm happy to say that it seems my palette has changed -- it was bland and greasy and I feel a bit sick and don't think I'll cave again for a while ( til I forget I didn't like it). I got a cup of tea and then realised my heart was pounding.
My Resting heart rate is usually a happy 66 bpm .... and it had gone up to 96!!!!
I did not know bad food could do this and now seriously question wtf I put in me and just how badly I had binged!!
Had anyone else experienced this? Is it the sugar, the fat, any possible additives???
What do you guys think.

* disclaimer I am not bragging about doing well for a while and hope I don't come across as such I just really want to know whether anyone else has had this **

LaPharisienne Tue 07-Mar-17 01:54:55

Yes. It's the MSG I think - a sort of flavour enhancer that can make you feel really strange.

RiverdaleJughead Tue 07-Mar-17 01:58:41

Eurgh I thought MSG was just the scare product of the 60s tbh ... looks like tomorrow's going to be fun blush

RiverdaleJughead Tue 07-Mar-17 02:00:00

Also we're down to 72bpm so it is lowering now

RTKangaMummy Tue 07-Mar-17 02:11:09

Maybe high salt levels too

TwoDogs9 Tue 07-Mar-17 02:14:11

Definitely MSG, Some Chinese recipes actually list it as an ingredient and it's present in pretty much all Chinese takeaway food.

RiverdaleJughead Tue 07-Mar-17 02:58:18

Oh god I'm still awake and my anxiety ( which I haven't seen in months) is rearing its ugly head and sending me on thought spirals into old mistakes which I v much thought were over with. This is absolutely horrible. Feeling real mood lows as well, sudden horrible plunges. Never again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now