Talk

Advanced search

Best diet for breastfeeding mum?

(9 Posts)
NurseRosie Sat 04-Mar-17 11:33:46

My baby is 16 weeks old and im still breastfeeding. I seem to have put weight on post baby but i cant stop eating now I'm feeding him. I would like to loose 2 stone but maybe more if i feel i can. Any advice on the best diet? I did slimming world and weight watchers in the past and liked them both but not sure if supportive of breastfeeding. I would also like to influence my dh who has lots to loose. Its tough because he has a really junk food diet and binges at times.

pitterpatterrain Wed 08-Mar-17 22:24:47

My DD2 is 17 weeks and I am still a way off where I would like to be weight wise

I am attempting the "no S diet" and 10k steps per day, slow but steady loss at the moment

Had a few dizzy moments as I get hungry with feeding - finding I have to up how much I drink and also portion size at meal times and have quite a bit of protein

Have you decided on a diet to try?

NurseRosie Thu 09-Mar-17 23:02:57

I rejoined slimming world. You get extra healthy portions (calcium rich and cereals/wholemeal bread) when breastfeeding. I can also eat as much fruit, veg, pasta, cous cous, rice, noodles and lean meat. Also gives way for a few nice things. I find sw easy as i can focus on what im allowed, im no good with too many restrictions. Also trying to have good walks everyday although not step counting.

NurseRosie Thu 09-Mar-17 23:05:16

Id never heard of the no s diet. Just googled it. Looks good. Good luck x

pitterpatterrain Fri 10-Mar-17 15:01:40

Thanks! Was going ok this week but had a magnum yesterday and a bag of sweets today confused need to KOKO

pitterpatterrain Fri 10-Mar-17 15:02:50

SW sounds good - i find my willpower is better if you can have some nice things

Melaniaspilatesinstructor Fri 10-Mar-17 16:41:09

I have been really ravenous whilst breast feeding my 9 week old and have swapped sugar and caffeine for protein and more water, I have more energy and feel healthier but am quite irritable. I feel like the only thing for me is a cake or a treat and now that's gone I feel like my life has no comfort (even though I'm very lucky with my external circumstances)

Watching this thread with interest.

pitterpatterrain Fri 10-Mar-17 21:08:57

I am losing despite not keeping 100% to the plan, I would say be kind to yourself especially early on

NurseRosie Mon 13-Mar-17 09:05:07

Sp today is weigh day, i'll keep you updated. I dont think the first week has been too bad. I declined takeaway and cheesecake on Friday, which is good because i have no will power with food. I'll keep you posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now