Talk

Advanced search

New LighterLife Totaler here!!

(10 Posts)
CareBear7 Wed 01-Mar-17 10:42:12

Hi Guys,
I'm getting married on July 8th! Have 4 stone to lose... Ideally 5 and would be my perfect size!! I started LighterLife Total 3 days ago. That's the 4 food packs daily one. I have to say peeps, I'm not hating it!! The only person who I've told that I am doing this diet is my lovely fiancé and he's really supportive though I know he misses me eating out with him already!! I'd love a few friends on here for support and feedback re their experience? The worst thing I'm experiencing is a little dizziness in the morning. This is just loss of electrolytes. Gonna buy litres of mineral water from today onwards to ensure getting enough rather than drinking tap water. Also gonna ensure I have the broth as an extra for sodium which is probably causing my dizzyness. Just need to drink more. Anyone similar to me? Or anyone a little ahead? Would love to hear some positive feedback? I'm expecting headaches today?
No LL bashers please, we don't need them - the way I see it is that it's easy enough for us to fall off the band wagon without anyone else putting us off. This thread is for people who are trying and want support and friendship on their journey only. I know I'd love a couple of LLT buddies... As I only have my OH and he's not on a diet...smileflowerswink

SnowBallsAreHere Fri 03-Mar-17 14:26:07

I started a vcld on Monday. I'm doing s&s lifestyle so 3 packs and an evening meal.
Headaches have passed and I'm down 4kg, just weighed for the first time grin.
I do need to drink a lot more water, and find a coffee and water before I get out of bed help the dizziness.

CareBear7 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:04:43

Thanks Snow Balls! Actually I added a good bit of salt to my meal last night and I found that really helped me this morning!! What's S&S and 3 packs and a meal sounds great? What are the food packs like?

Chipsandonionrings Wed 08-Mar-17 14:19:53

How are you getting on carebear? I am doing exante but it's broadly similar. I am day 7 now and have lost 5lbs. I really struggled last night and did have a little cheat but headed to bed before I could sabotage myself too much!

Chipsandonionrings Wed 08-Mar-17 14:20:44

Ps that's how I lost weight for my wedding. Good luck

CareBear7 Wed 08-Mar-17 15:19:12

Hey Chips! Thanks for asking... Well firstly - today is day 10 - yippee! Wish I could add a zero on the end of that! I'm doing great. Have stuck to it 100%. The hunger is almost non existent but I'm definitely missing the social side of food. I went to Paris on Sunday with my OH and I brought all my packs etc with me. We only went for 3days and the Eurostar meant I could bring my bits and bobs with me. I can't believe I tuck to it in PAris! But I did - My oh missing me having drinks with him but I'm saving all my fun for my wedding! I'm a bit naughty really, I am doing this totally on my own! I don't nor have I even spoke with a counsellor. I just bought the packs offline and stick to the 4 packs daily. I read up on it and I weighed myself once the week before I stated and was 16stone. I haven't weighed myself since because I have no plan to stop until I reach target of my wedding day. The way I see it is:
A. There's no other diet I can tolerate.
B: WW and SW are simply too slow and I'm always hungry on them - in addition to the fact that I'd prefer to be satiated on 4 food packs loaded with the appropriate amount of nutrition rather than obsessing over a Water Table biscuit and Diet Pepsi, running daily and whilst also feeling starving for 2lb loss a wk - that's just sheer torture and hate it.
Chips - WHat is Exante like? Add did you say you did LLT for your Wedding? If so, How did you get on and why aren't you doing LLT again? smile...smile))x

CareBear7 Wed 08-Mar-17 15:27:28

P.s Excuse Typos - Am at work and wanted to send a quick reply..lol smile

Chipsandonionrings Wed 08-Mar-17 15:50:55

I am doing exante as I bought them on a Groupon deal before Xmas. I usually only like shakes as I found i used to like bars too much and eat too many!

Lighter life is more expensive but I am thinking of doing slim and save as I think the meals sound ok and will be a nice change after I complete a month on exante. They require you to add some veg which I think is better for you.

I lost 3st for my wedding and I was absolutely determined! I found it hard but we were skint as we were saving up, I used to walk miles and did 30 day shred as well - dh joined me with the exercise. I got pregnant Just after our wedding and put it all back on doh! Then for pregnant again without losing weight double doh!

My baby is now nearly 3, and like you nothing else works for me. I just need to get back in the zone - not being a fat bride was a huge motivator, struggling more now. Also dress didnt fit so I kept going until it did! I would recommend not weighing yourself.

Good luck. Its my bday on a few days and I am struggling with the concept of no cake

CareBear7 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:08:38

Wow, that's amazing...3 stone? Did you lose it on LL? How long did it take you?
I think you should enjoy your Birthday then get stuck in properly ! That will give you something to aim for and u won't feel resentful over missing your b'day treat which only comes once a yr!!

Chipsandonionrings Wed 08-Mar-17 18:30:03

It took me 3 months to lose the weight but beware I ended up with gallstones so my consultant said I had to stop. I maintained with a low fat low cal low carb diet. ( miserable) then begged the consultant for a cancellation spot on their list - 8 week long honeymoon in central America and I speak awful spanish, I did not fancy an attack whilst away. It hurts more than childbirth!

Part of me really wants to say fuck it and just drink wine and eat cake but one day turns into 1 week/ month! My advice would be don't cheat even a little bit, it's a slippery slope. Saying that my fav ever food is mussels so might swerve the cake and eat mussels instead! At least they are low carb and won't kick me out of ketosis. There will be other birthdays.

Good luck Its good to meet someone doing it at the same time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now