Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight to get pregnant

(3 Posts)
IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 19:52:51

Does anyone have any advice for losing weight in preparation for ttc? DH and I are planning to start trying once I get to the end of the current stage of my OU course, but that's only a few months away, and I need to starting working on getting down to a better weight.

I've got health problems (which I'll probably post a thread about at some point under the appropriate topic) which make it especially important to be a healthy weight when I conceive.

I've read that crash dieting can have negative effects in terms of fertility so I need to lose weight sensibly but as fast as I safely can. Has anyone else lost weight specifically to get pregnant? Any tips? smile

Helbelle75 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:58:12

I put on a stone last year when pregnant and then sadly miscarried the baby.
I lost the stone with slimming world over about 3 months as we wanted to try again and didn't want an extra stone on me, and promptly conceived again. SW concentrates on lots of fruit and veg, so I think that might have helped.
Good luck!

IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 20:00:43

Sorry for your loss Helbelle flowers I should probably try to get more vegetables into my diet, will try to focus more on that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now