Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight to get pregnant

(3 Posts)
IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 19:52:51

Does anyone have any advice for losing weight in preparation for ttc? DH and I are planning to start trying once I get to the end of the current stage of my OU course, but that's only a few months away, and I need to starting working on getting down to a better weight.

I've got health problems (which I'll probably post a thread about at some point under the appropriate topic) which make it especially important to be a healthy weight when I conceive.

I've read that crash dieting can have negative effects in terms of fertility so I need to lose weight sensibly but as fast as I safely can. Has anyone else lost weight specifically to get pregnant? Any tips? smile

OP’s posts: |
Helbelle75 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:58:12

I put on a stone last year when pregnant and then sadly miscarried the baby.
I lost the stone with slimming world over about 3 months as we wanted to try again and didn't want an extra stone on me, and promptly conceived again. SW concentrates on lots of fruit and veg, so I think that might have helped.
Good luck!

IJustGotHitByADeer Tue 28-Feb-17 20:00:43

Sorry for your loss Helbelle flowers I should probably try to get more vegetables into my diet, will try to focus more on that

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in