Talk

Advanced search

Ftbit Questons

(7 Posts)
73kittycat73 Mon 27-Feb-17 01:40:30

Hi. I've been thinking about getting a Fitbit but have a few questions about it before I buy. I wonder if anybody with one already can help me?
Is it true it doesn't pick up the exercise you do on an exercise bike?
I use MFP, is it basically the same, ie, calories in, exercise, etc?
How do you input what you've eaten?
Do you need a Smartphone or mobile to use it?
Many thanks if you can help me out with some answers. smile

hadtomakeanawfuldecision Wed 01-Mar-17 00:07:50

You can link MFP to your Fitbit account. That means your Fitbit app will show food eaten etc..
I also have a Fitbit scales (aria) which updates (this is a bit depressing sometimes).

73kittycat73 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:20:18

Hi hadtomakeanawfuldecision, I bought my Fitbit (Alta). Can you please tell me how to link it to MFP? Or can you only do that on a phone? (I have computer only.) Thank you.

indignatio Mon 13-Mar-17 21:26:19

Hi kitty. I'm watching as I need the help too. What do you think of the Alta?

hadtomakeanawfuldecision Tue 14-Mar-17 00:14:39

Easiest explanation prob found by google but if you go into settings on Fitbit and look for other apps and devices it should give you MFP as an option. Then log into your account and they should link up

GirlOverboard Tue 14-Mar-17 00:37:03

No you don't need a smartphone. You can install the Fitbit app on your PC.

73kittycat73 Wed 15-Mar-17 23:46:18

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I found this page for linking to MFP: help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1288/?q=how+do+I+add+myfitnesspal&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1
Haven't tried it myself yet though.
Hi indignation. smile I'm finding it ok so far. The food logging is a bit of a pain as it's never got what I eat in it! (Only Sainsburys, Asda stuff.) I think I'm finding my way round logging sleep and exercise. Doing 250 steps an hour is a bit of a pain but I'm sure I'll get used to it. How about you, how are you finding it? (Btw, that sounds a bit negative reading back! I do like it I should say.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now